Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m going to up grade my engine and was woundering if anybody has any experience with
larger injectors on the RS.
Just seems to an be a more simple way then installing extra fuel injectors.

I am planing on installing the precision turbo and was woundering i you think this could be a good combo.

Thanks i advance

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
The "supposed" issue with larger injectors is the stock HPFP is close to maxed out already. Also, what tuning are you going with? I don't know that Cobb supports larger injectors yet.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think you are on the right path for sure. I have that turbo and am running larger injectors and a new hpfp from Livernois and am able to run e85 or any combo of flex fuel I want. It’s a great way to go and also the safest. Just not the cheapest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds interesting Snox801.

Please fill me in on the parts and who you worked with.

What you need to be able to run E85?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I did a full build from Livernois motor sports.
They offer two hpfp options and I did the smaller one with a set of injectors they had made for this setup. So as far as fueling goes you would need to order the injectors and hpfp from them and they should have tuning for the percision turbo also.

·
Registered
961 Posts
You should give them a call and ask to talk to Scott Mitchell. He will be able to fill you in on all the specifics.
313-561-5500 ext. 122

Not sure how you dial into the US from Sweden but you could also email him.

·
Registered
943 Posts
@Snox801 Are you required to use their tuner as part of this setup? If so it's something everyone should be aware of since most people are using the Access Port.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a local shop that builds rally cars and engins,they are going to be building my engine and the plan is to let them
do the tuning.
Hopfully the will sort out the injector tuning.

Snox81 do you have any numbers on the hpfp and injectors you are using?

Bludrgn really looking forward on more info about your new clutch, I´m really having a hard time deciding what brand to go to.
Mostly daily drivning and 5-6 trackdays a year.

Drive safe

·
Registered
961 Posts
I do not they are both proprietary to Livernois. They make the hpfp in house, and the injectors they had made for them. I’m sure any tuner can make them work. I believe the idea was for them to offer a package that allowed you to install and flash the tuning from them as kit. But like anything else they will also sell the parts and you can have your tuner do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am having a motor built right now by Panda. The setup I will be installing is the Radium Engineering auxiliary fuel system to run the e85 blend. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to either of the setups?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yes the hpfp and injectors is the safest way to run and looks stock. The fuel rail is similar to meth injection if the system fails to spray the car has no way to safe guard. The hpfp and injectors has all the same safety features as the stock stuff. That being said it’s not often the fail. And it’s a much cheaper option.

·
Registered
961 Posts
You also can get a hiccup with a rail you can avoids its very hard to get a seamless transition from the stock spray to when the aux rail sprays. Where they overlap is very hard to get smooth and make it not noticeable. Can be done and done well but that’s just another issue.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
You also can get a hiccup with a rail you can avoids its very hard to get a seamless transition from the stock spray to when the aux rail sprays. Where they overlap is very hard to get smooth and make it not noticeable. Can be done and done well but that’s just another issue.
I may have lucked out, but I don't notice a thing different between aux fuel rail and E85 versus no rail and E30. Perhaps it's the tuner. Yeah...pretty sure it's the tuner.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Old thread I know.
But good conversation is always fun.
I did say it’s hard but can be done. Well as far as you can I sure can tell when my meth starts to spray just based on the added ho and trq. Especially in my auto 3.5 truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts