Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my first post and question.

I have been following the RS since it was announced. I am really freaking excited about it. This is also going to be my first new car. So when you Special Order a car when exactly should I secure financing for it? Reason being is I don't want to put down X amount and then get denied financing. Also has any one heard if they will be doing orders later on in 2016 because I will also not be back in country until mid next year (deployed over seas I am in the military)

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would say that once you have a delivery date that can be narrowed down to about a month, then secure financing. Usually the bank gives a window of at least a month to purchase so there is some wiggle room.
I thin kthe general consensus is that there will be at least one more model year.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Financing will be the same as any other new car. You will know the approx date of delivery close enough to secure financing yourself or just let the dealerships finance team handle that for you.

As for late 2016 ordering I'd just expect to get a 2017. Should be easier to find and cheaper anyways. :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You can always get preapproved.

I'm sorry, but I if you're worried that you might get denied financing then buying a $40k car might not be the best decision. If it's merely a lack of credit history then get a cosigner.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You can always get preapproved.

I'm sorry, but I if you're worried that you might get denied financing then buying a $40k car might not be the best decision. If it's merely a lack of credit history then get a cosigner.
I have to agree with this simply because in my experience the banks still haven't learned their lesson and will let you buy things you certainly can't afford. When I was making $35k a year they pre-approved me for a $150k house.

If you can afford the car and you don't have a horrible credit history I wouldn't be super concerned about being able to get a loan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts