Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this setting? I just noticed it listed under launch control from the following image:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hmmm, strange. Seems like it would be some sort of auto braking system, but that would need forward radar. Usually cars that have that also include adaptive cruise control. That's would be really awesome if the car had it, doubt it does though, all the shots of the front end, as well as what I saw at the OC show, don't have any sign of it. My guess is that the still was taken from another car, but I can't think of any other car in Ford's fleet, that has launch control. So really I have no clue and I'm just rambling for the post count hahah.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Maybe a Europe thing. I thought the RS didn't have collision detection and if it did then we would have the same shift light as the GT350.

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking. I know that Ford and other manufacturers are still working on this system but haven't heard anymore. Misprint possibly? My luck it's an electronic nanny that will report conditions prior to an accident. Doh!

·
Banned
346 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this setting? I just noticed it listed under launch control from the following image:

That image also shows Blind spot detection...... The Focus doesn't have that..... i don't think..... This must be the dash of another model.......?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I assume some intern had to Photoshop up the image for the brochure and just took the dash from the focus titanium or something overlaid launch control. The Pre Collision I could see as the active city stop, the blind spot monitoring I have no idea.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
The European cars get "forward collision braking".

All RSs get Brembo front brakes and 4-wheel ABS but no Emergency Brake Assist, Pre-collision safety system, Emergency braking preparation, or Post-collision safety system

The Sync 3 system includes an emergency crash-notification feature that automatically dials 911 when paired with a compatible cell phone.

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
100 Posts
The RS doesn't get blind-spot or pre collision warning. Those are titanium features. It must be a generic photo that they just added launch control to. It would be nice if we could get blind-spot but thats not happening on the US version

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
The RS doesn't get blind-spot or pre collision warning. Those are titanium features. It must be a generic photo that they just added launch control to. It would be nice if we could get blind-spot but thats not happening on the US version
Actually, the mirrors do have blind spot monitoring (not high tech just a small convex mirror in the right hand corner of each side mirror) https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/safety/integrated-blind-spot-mirrors.html the European cars have optionally "forward collision braking".

I personally wish we could have gotten the whole BLIS system as well as HUD on the RS.

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S - Don't worry the RS will be so fast raindrops won't hit it in a downpour and neither will wrecks. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check out the bezel setup at 00:04. This has to be the Euro set up and nothing mentioned when it comes to Pre-Collision.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Guys.... like I said there are euro features that we don't get.

See in the UK configurator the active city stop option which I posted about on the first page...

screenshot.png

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Hmmm, strange. Seems like it would be some sort of auto braking system, but that would need forward radar. Usually cars that have that also include adaptive cruise control. That's would be really awesome if the car had it, doubt it does though, all the shots of the front end, as well as what I saw at the OC show, don't have any sign of it. My guess is that the still was taken from another car, but I can't think of any other car in Ford's fleet, that has launch control. So really I have no clue and I'm just rambling for the post count hahah.
Euro buyers can also pay extra for parking sensors, rear privacy glass, power-fold side mirrors, forward collision braking, and cool door edge protectors that automatically pop out when you open a door. This has been mentioned before in several RS forum threads. Here is the source: Euro buyers can also pay extra for parking sensors, rear privacy glass, power-fold side mirrors, forward collision braking, and cool door edge protectors that automatically pop out when you open a door.

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Would be nice to have the same options as Europe.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Very true. Europe is really happy to finally get the mustang and camaro. I feel like they haven't missed much, but to them is a big deal. I'm sure they feel the same way about the RS and other cool stuff the states never saw. However I do think that all these safety features should be standard on all cars to begin with. So when these options are available elsewhere and not the states then I get a little miffed.

·
Registered
558 Posts
When I built my RS on the ford website and did the PDF printout, it listed blind spot system. Because of that I was under the impression we would be getting it.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
When I built my RS on the ford website and did the PDF printout, it listed blind spot system. Because of that I was under the impression we would be getting it.
Went to the build and price and it shows "integrated blind spot mirrors."

Do you have the PDF?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts