Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this does not happen to anyone else - taking wheel off later to get it replaced. No wheel damage but the tires seem hard to come by for replacement. Found 1 dealer with 1 tire in stock.

tire damage.jpg

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Ouch :frown-new: PPS or Cup2? Curious on the cost of a new one?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Could have been a stray bullet from Chicago?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drop wheel off at Village Ford this morning - expecting $250 for tire + mount balance charge + tax and tip = $300 out the door.

I was on a road I drive quite frequently called Lochaven in west bloomfield. Just wasn't paying attention.

I will say that I went to the airport the other day and hit a huge pothole in my Jeep that would have destroyed my focus. Luckily the jeep has bigger wheels so no issues - so be careful if you go down there.

I am going to ask about adding the tire and wheel protection on my car now. Quite a few folks have used this already that I know.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
Drop wheel off at Village Ford this morning - expecting $250 for tire + mount balance charge + tax and tip = $300 out the door.

I was on a road I drive quite frequently called Lochaven in west bloomfield. Just wasn't paying attention.

I will say that I went to the airport the other day and hit a huge pothole in my Jeep that would have destroyed my focus. Luckily the jeep has bigger wheels so no issues - so be careful if you go down there.

I am going to ask about adding the tire and wheel protection on my car now. Quite a few folks have used this already that I know.
18's would give you more tire, more sidewall. Car should have come in 18's to begin with imo. A 19" wheel tire is great for performance, and contact patch but for all around is not ideal.

Reactions: notTHATjim

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Damn, sucks to see **** like this.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished the job today - cost $286 for a new PSS for mount and balance at dealer.

I also bought a frame rail adapter so it was my first time using one of these. Seemed to work fine. I made a homemade jack stand out of some wood in the garage since I had to get the car pretty hi for my jack stand to fit.
20170510_155652_resized.jpg

20170510_155718_resized.jpg

The finished product
20170510_162451_resized.jpg

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not my daily driver - 2100 miles on the car in 11 months.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jeez! I am always terrified of the hidden pothole! Any rim damage?

Did you get the wheel and tire warranty?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts