Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Those mods are done to push that car hard.
When you do this things will break and require fixing.
Price/value/risk is an individual decision.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It has a 400bhp tune so it’s still quite tame. But more power will require forged rods and pistons.
If engine issues are a concern get a cylinder pressure test done. This will show any possible issues in the rings, pistons or rods if theirs a low reading.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thoughts exactly but u know it's my dream car so I was trying to convince myself... All those mods on a 17 at ,22k miles under 30k? He is definitely trying to get rid of it.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
My thoughts exactly but u know it's my dream car so I was trying to convince myself... All those mods on a 17 at ,22k miles under 30k? He is definitely trying to get rid of it.
Sometimes it's not the list of mods you need to worry about but the fact that you dont have any idea of the quality of the workmanship that's been applied to doing the mods. The longer the mod list the more the risk. Personally unless you're technically capable and have a workshop OR deep pockets and have access to a genuinely competent tuner experienced on the platform I'd keep walking.

Ciao

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally unless you're technically capable and have a workshop OR deep pockets and have access to a genuinely competent tuner experienced on the platform I'd keep walking.
None of those are attractive options for me. lol Thats why I currently have a Tundra. Works every time I turn the key on and all I do is oil change.

I am walking away for sure.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
444 Posts
The price does seem a tad low (2-3k), but that might be their bare minimum and they're trying to unload it. That being said, those modifications are generally pretty popular among the RS owners. I wouldn't be too worried as long as you can get the stock parts if you ever decide to tame it back down a bit. These engines are relatively cheap and easy to replace.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I generally pass on tracked cars. I've heard estimates of 1 track mile = 3 road miles.

However, in some cases, a car that's tracked regularly is extremely well maintained. If you found the car on youtube, maybe try to reach out. Guy may tell you the car was an absolute nightmare, or the opposite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts