Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me warn you, these photos will make your heart ache (though not as much as the crashed-RS thread). You may need a cold adult beverage to help ease the pain.

I drove up to the Academy from Dallas. Stopped and spent some time MTB/Hiking in Moab.

All was well and good, but what I didn't count on was the *bugs*.

I have never had this much bug junk on a vehicle in my life. It's like it attracted them.

It was horrible driving around like this, but I surely wasn't going to take the car through an automated wash. So I had to wait until I got home and hide time to scrub.

Oh - the red dropping on the rims is IronX. Before the wash the front rims were not black - they were more "pink" from the brake dust.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
My car looks like that after a day of regular commuting lol. Granted, I drive at dawn/dusk on a freeway surrounded by farms and cow pastures.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Haha those little suckers KILL paint I believe. I've got a family member who owns a car wash in Florida. He LOVES Love Bug season.

·
5,624 Posts
The bugs in the intercooler grills.
:facepalm:
Now, that is a pain in the ass..
Have fond memories of this job...
Brings back painful memories.

Reactions: SilverWings-L

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was driving yesterday near Monument Valley at the AZ-UT border when I drove trough a little cloud of bugs at 80 mph. They must have been big and juicy because in the 1 second that I passed through the little swarm I got about 8 golfball-size splats on my windshield. It sounded like machine-gun fire. I probably drained half my washer fluid trying to clean the gore off before it dried...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was driving yesterday near Monument Valley at the AZ-UT border when I drove trough a little cloud of bugs at 80 mph. They must have been big and juicy because in the 1 second that I passed through the little swarm I got about 8 golfball-size splats on my windshield. It sounded like machine-gun fire. I probably drained half my washer fluid trying to clean the gore off before it dried...
probably a swarm of honey bees. That happened to me in Houston while driving a semi-tanker, sounded like machine-gun fire like you said. I know they were honey bee's because a couple of them made it into my cab and they make HUGE Splats on the windshield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts