Ford Focus RS Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
OEM Ford Fusion wheels 18x8 ET55
245/40/18 Firestone Indy 500
Powder coated semi-gloss black

Planning to use my 12.5mm ST suspension spacers with those as my daily setup next summer. Will post pics next spring when I install them, already on winters now! For anyone wondering, they clear the Brembos without need for spacers, with plenty of room to the back of the spokes.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just an updated shot of how it sits with the 18x9.5 +38 Work T7R with 265/35R18. I'll work on getting side shots soon.

Camber plates are now Ground Control, here's why - At this ride height (45.25" FTG) using Vorshlag camber plates there is interference at the inside front tire with the Öhlins spring and perch/adjuster. Vorshlag top hats have around 30mm taller stack height over stock top hats (I am not sure they clearly advertise this). Ground Control top hats are same height if not 5mm shorter than the stock top hat.

^^I am not the most active member here but I enjoy helping people out, so if there is a better place for me to post this information please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just an updated shot of how it sits with the 18x9.5 +38 Work T7R with 265/35R18. I'll work on getting side shots soon.

Camber plates are now Ground Control, here's why - At this ride height (45.25" FTG) using Vorshlag camber plates there is interference at the inside front tire with the Öhlins spring and perch/adjuster. Vorshlag top hats have around 30mm taller stack height over stock top hats (I am not sure they clearly advertise this). Ground Control top hats are same height if not 5mm shorter than the stock top hat.

^^I am not the most active member here but I enjoy helping people out, so if there is a better place for me to post this information please point me in the right direction.
More pics please!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Some more pics of the winter setup. Sorry for dirty car. ;)

It won't stay this height for much longer. Rubbing at the outer drivers rear, maybe 5mm up should do the trick and bring back the factory rake a bit.
That height looks perfect imo. Are you running rear camber arms? Some more camber in the rear would help with the rubbing. I'd also consider switching to a 255 width tire.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got some new shoes yesterday. Momo RF-5C in 20x9 all round shod in Pirelli p-zero's. Stock forged setup now dedicated track wheels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That height looks perfect imo. Are you running rear camber arms? Some more camber in the rear would help with the rubbing. I'd also consider switching to a 255 width tire.
Yes, I have camber arms and I'm sitting at -2.6 R now. I will align again and set to -2.9 R (Hank specs). That should help for sure.

I did raise the rear about 4 spins, it seems to help although there is still rub on large freeway dips only. The extra camber I think will solve it. Thanks for the suggestion.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts