Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me lately a lot of Whining going on. Maybe it's the Holidays, but some people are starting to loose it posing Rumors, Vising other forums stirring the pot and Fear Mongering. Most of the Whining is going on by people that don't even have a order in.
@Lastdoughnut Nails it with this post. Cheers guy! You win my pick of post of the Year!

"What the absolute **** is wrong with people on this forum. I have never seen so many people whine/cry and make up **** just to "cry wolf" about a car. Its as if some people are TRYING to find faults of a vehicles thats not even out yet so they can point at it and say "See thats why i didnt get one".

Its factory produced vehicle, its been tested, it will be fine for 99.99% of the **** you throw at it. I just dont get this mindset of people freaking the **** out and trying to justify any reason they can to be negative about the car.

Im just as excited as the next person about getting mine. But calm the **** down and just wait for it to come. Worst case it comes out, bugs are found, fixed under warranty and you go on about your life. No sense and trying to catch the forums on fire every week to start a holy crusade against the car.

TLR- If you have to try this hard to find faults in the car...just dont buy it!"

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
agreed. I've lost interest in the forum over the past month or so due to so much BS and crying about **** that doesn't even exist.
once the car is released all the pieces should fall into place and the stupid posts should die off a bit.

·
Registered
376 Posts
100% agree but I think some of the passion of the post is lost for me due to the forum editing the swear words. We are all adults here, can we get that **** turned off?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Not everyone is whining! Not all forum members act like adults! Some forum members can express thoughts and information without using words that get asterisked out.

There has been a lot of good information garnered from this forum, but I agree with lymerock I have also begun to lose interest because there is very little, new worthwhile information.

I am not sure why all the FUD and old rumors and old discussions about the transmission; most everything being brought up is by relatively new forum members that appear not to have gone back and read previous discussion.

I hope everyone gets the RS in a reasonable time and that they enjoy their RS.

Have a Happy New Year!

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well, I'm new to the forum and therefore can hopefully add some perspective based on this. This sort of behaviour is present on any forum, but what heightens it here is the hype and speculation, because NO ONE has driven this car yet. However the intensity to which some comments are made, would lead you to believe they have, although we know they haven't. For me it's caveat emptor, or 'buyer beware' as I'm just not prepared to buy into some of this discussion, yet I am prepared to respond from time to time as a reminder that we are dealing in speculation. The other issue is that so much information has come out about this car, yet now it's starting to dry up and it's transitioning to a waiting game, which no one likes. I'm sure when the media gets their hands on one and it's a renowned and respected automotive media personality, that will spark some constructive dialogue and make things a little more worthwhile than at present.........

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Get ready boys. In a few days the Car Mags/Blogs are going to be getting their hot, sweaty little hands on the RS. And this place is going to go nuts. Once we have some track time feedback from the pros, all the petty rumors and mindless speculation will be long gone. Then we can resume the natural order in the universe, and start ragging on journalists.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Get ready boys. In a few days the Car Mags/Blogs are going to be getting their hot, sweaty little hands on the RS. And this place is going to go nuts. Once we have some track time feedback from the pros, all the petty rumors and mindless speculation will be long gone. Then we can resume the natural order in the universe, and start ragging on journalists.
Amen to this. Every time information get stagnant in here the positive enthusiasm dissapears. Nothing but good is coming! /I'd hope ;p

·
Registered
716 Posts
Funny this was called post of the year. Completely disagree with it.

People are not "crying wolf" or "trying to find fault" in the car. People are taking statements that have come from Ford and starting a discussion around them to fill the long void before we take delivery. What do you expect us to talk about for the next coming months?

The problem this forum has that of over reaction and lack of understanding. Point proven, go back and read the thread that post came from. Pretty much no one even understands what OP is asking (OP did not ask a confusing question to understand), but throw out smart @$$ answers anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Everybody calm down and listen to this man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ive noticed on this forum, people LOVE to over analyze everything about this car.

Example 1 (made up)

"WHAT, Ford only turns the bolts on the axel 2.5 times?? That's so stupid im going to cancel my order and go buy a golf R"

But really, everyone take a big big big deep breath, we are all friends here. This is a Production road car, not 1 of 4 Lamborghini Vevenos, its made in a factory like pretty much every other car minus the few exceptions.

Will some cars have flaws, yes. Someone will end up with a lemon. Hopefully none of us.

Its almost Jan 4th, its almost go time, soon lots of new reviews and videos will pour in. This is the dry season now for information,

Happy Holidays to all!
Vedien :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Funny this was called post of the year. Completely disagree with it.

People are not "crying wolf" or "trying to find fault" in the car. People are taking statements that have come from Ford and starting a discussion around them to fill the long void before we take delivery. What do you expect us to talk about for the next coming months?

The problem this forum has that of over reaction and lack of understanding. Point proven, go back and read the thread that post came from. Pretty much no one even understands what OP is asking (OP did not ask a confusing question to understand), but throw out smart @$$ answers anyway.
^This. The OP in that post asked a completely reasonable question and instead of having a adult discussion about it the response was one of 18 year old kids taking their daddies testosterone pills. We should be helping each other on this forum not behaving like ****s.

Definitely NOT the post of the year...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
This thread is the worst post of the year and exactly what the **** is wrong with this forum. Now can we get back to what song your gonna play and what color you got and how much you are financing, please?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
15 Participants
focus pilot
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing