Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They are using it on the new 991.2 Carrera S, and calling it Miami Blue :eek:

On closer comparison though it's not a perfect match, the Porsche has more of a turquoise tone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
That's one car that looks good in almost any color! It would be interesting to see NB next to it in the sun like that.

Jim

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm really quite sad about the "Baby Bird's Egg Blue" color, sad that that's the only non-Black/White/Gray/Silver choice, that is.

Please, just copy the STi's Dark Blue, at least.

What're your longed-for RS paint (& interior) colors?

Having the stitching (in black seats/dashboard) match the exterior paint seems like it'd look pretty catchy.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I'm actually quite impressed with the interior. It seems classy without being too loud. I could do with a few less RS badges but can remove some of them, maybe cover some. And cover some of the Ford badges, too. Products are over-marked in general, IMO.

Jim

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm really quite sad about the "Baby Bird's Egg Blue" color, sad that that's the only non-Black/White/Gray/Silver choice, that is.
^Exactly . What happened to the green/yellow that shows up around the 2min mark in the 2nd episode in the icon videos?!? Would have been awesome to have that choice!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
It's like someone accidentally screwed up a big mix of Riviera or Mexico Blue and just decided to name the new color Miami Blue

Riviera:

Mexico:

·
Registered
247 Posts
^Exactly . What happened to the green/yellow that shows up around the 2min mark in the 2nd episode in the icon videos?!? Would have been awesome to have that choice!
What happened? They looked at them and said: Damn those are too LOUD and too FUGLY!
Too bad they missed 1 FUGLY color. Stealth Grey.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I hope nitrous blue doesn't look like that color in person! I'm digging that bottom porsche picture though. mexico blue? I hope NB looks like that in some light conditions.

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Guess you didn't use the search box deep enough, here's the post of the various Blues so close to NB..

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/614-2016-sti-nitrous-blue-3.html
Ummm...why not searched for....just possibly because Miami Blue is a brand new colour revealed in the last couple of days, so it could not have been mentioned in an old thread? Feel free to spend your own time digging up old threads to add this color to.

(A search wouldn't have been much use anyways as that thread is titled 2016 STI - Nitrous Blue.)

·
Registered
555 Posts
So you didn't search for it? It may have been introduced last couple days but has been talked about since Jan. Shown at the 2015 Frankford Auto Show and pic was posted month ago, just stating its been shown, you're not the first to have brought it here.

Guess we should start looking for color comparisons here in the RS vs Competition thread. Would have never thought about looking in anything talking about the color....Nitrous Blue.

Do you think the RS is really competition for the Porsche? This is what this thread is all about...the competition, is the Lamborghini Huracán in blue competition too?

lamborghini-huracan-spyder-front-three-quarter-05.jpg

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
....just possibly because Miami Blue is a brand new colour revealed in the last couple of days, so it could not have been mentioned in an old thread?
Well, it's an "Exclusive" colour that's newly available on the 911, but it's not a new colour. It's been available on the Paint to Sample list for a little while now. It's similar to a VW colour of the same name from the 70's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts