Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
It's California, conversely to how the rest of the USA runs, it's illegal unless there is a law explicitly stating it's legal. IF two laws seem to conflict, whichever one makes CA more money, wins.
Then there would need to be a catch-all law that says that. If there is no law making something illegal, they have no basis to ticket/fine you on. It has to be explicity stated that it's illegal or it will be pretty easy to get that **** thrown out in court.

I did another search, and I can only find documents from a couple years back saying intercoolers for gas engines are exempt. I'm not finding anything more current that has any additional information though. I posted the original link a few posts back.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
@ilDiavel , this stuck on me when I almost pulled the trigger of picking up an ETS IC.

I ended up picking up these:

These parts are listed on the CARB EO D-727-4 you posted.... I got a good deal so I cant pass it up.

Thank you!

Reactions: ilDiavel

·
Registered
264 Posts
@ilDiavel , this stuck on me when I almost pulled the trigger of picking up an ETS IC.

I ended up picking up these:

View attachment 342821

View attachment 342822

View attachment 342823

These parts are listed on the CARB EO D-727-4 you posted.... I got a good deal so I cant pass it up.

Thank you!
If you contact mountune, they will use a NB matching blue paint for the mountune logo in the intercooler for an additional charge. That's what I did 2 years ago anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
If you contact Mountune, they will use a NB matching blue paint for the Mountune logo in the intercooler for an additional charge. That's what I did 2 years ago anyway.
The FMIC is already at my door today, so too late for that.

I was planning not to stencil their logo..... but just curious how much you paid them to paint it NB for the stencil?

·
Registered
264 Posts
The FMIC is already at my door today, so too late for that.

I was planning not to stencil their logo..... but just curious how much you paid them to paint it NB for the stencil?
I don't remember. $25? They have a paint shop down the street from them mix to match NB is what they told me.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks for the info... I'll go stealth for now 👍

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
45 Posts
Any updates to the CARB approved intake list? i will need to have my RS Inspected once i finish my repairs and the intake will need to be CARB approved so i dont fail SMOG inspection.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Any updates to the CARB approved intake list? i will need to have my RS Inspected once i finish my repairs and the intake will need to be CARB approved so i dont fail SMOG inspection.
Last time I checked was last month and the one ones are C.A.R.B. approved was on the first post.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts