Ford Focus RS Forum banner

What Percentage will your tint be?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welp, I used the search bar, and did not come up with much, So I figured I could make a thread to help consolidate all of the Tint threads. Currently I'm trying to decide myself so I hope this will help me zero in on the right choice and hopefully help many of you as well. If you have yours done, please post some photos!

That guy,
Trace

Heres a quick photo of what I'm currently considering (And a pretty nice one to kick of the thread)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Race car

·
Registered
395 Posts
Went with 30% huper optik and 70% on windshield. I am definitely happy with it.

Ill try to remember to snap a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I went 30% on all the side windows and 15% on the rear hatch.

Went with Llumar ceramic, very happy with the results.

Will post a photo.

B.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I went very light because I live in a state where it is not legal (even with doctor's orders) to tint the side front windows, so I figured if it was light enough I wouldn't get hassled.

So I ended up with 60% transmittance on all windows and 90% transmittance on the windshield. It is very light, but still blocks nearly as much heat as the darker stuff, so I'm pleased. Plus my old eyes can struggle at night sometimes, so this makes it a little easier then.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Went with 30% huper optik and 70% on windshield. I am definitely happy with it.

Ill try to remember to snap a picture tomorrow.
Planing on going 20% HO and 70 or 80 on the whole ft windshield

·
Registered
476 Posts
Plan on going ceramic 20% all around.

I've had 20% on my cars where I'm currently at and have never gotten hassled.

I would have thought they would give me grief in my Evo, but never did. Even had a Prelude down here that had 10%!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I went very light because I live in a state where it is not legal (even with doctor's orders) to tint the side front windows, so I figured if it was light enough I wouldn't get hassled.

So I ended up with 60% transmittance on all windows and 90% transmittance on the windshield. It is very light, but still blocks nearly as much heat as the darker stuff, so I'm pleased. Plus my old eyes can struggle at night sometimes, so this makes it a little easier then.

View attachment 55273
White looks the best with tint imo. Even though mine will be black w/ tint.

·
Registered
160 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
White looks the best with tint imo. Even though mine will be black w/ tint.
I appreciate your comment, but I'm too chicken to have to get harassed just because I can't see out of my own windows. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of NB with 5% tint on the hatch, quarter windows and two rears, and a lighter %, say like 35% on the front two and nothing on the windshield? That's what I'm looking at doing, just wondering if someone had a picture of what it would look like.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Scheduled in three weeks to have 35% Suntek ceramic on the sides/back and 70% CXP on the windshield.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Too much difference IMO
Michigan state law states that you can have any % tint on the rear windows, and you're not supposed to have anything on the front windows or windshield, only a small strip across the top of the windshield, I think it's 4 inches wide. I want tints but I'm not looking to get window tint tickets all the time, hence the reason for the lighter in front and nothing on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Michigan state law states that you can have any % tint on the rear windows, and you're not supposed to have anything on the front windows or windshield, only a small strip across the top of the windshield, I think it's 4 inches wide. I want tints but I'm not looking to get window tint tickets all the time, hence the reason for the lighter in front and nothing on the windshield.
Are you doing it for looks or heat rejection?

I'm saying 5 on the rears and light on the ft looks wonky, better to get 35/20 or 20/5

if your looking for heat rejection, look into ceramic tints, I prefer huper optik, not cheap but worth it. Esp here in TX.

And tinting the whole windshield, though illegal makes a big difference. But we're talking 70-80 or even 100 clear tint, but heat rejecting

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
FWIW, I had 5% on my explorer and it made me dislike driving it at night. If you need to back up for some reason, you can't see much.

20% works well all the way around on my car. I bet 35 up front and 15/20 out back would look pretty decent.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Although it is the law, I personally have never known anyone who has gotten pulled over for it here. Obviously, only go with what you are comfortable with.

I have 30% all the way around on my SG RS. I will be tinting the windshield with 50% before winter.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts