Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Police Attention in the FoRS and other ticket/warning stories

135K views 458 replies 220 participants last post by  GmpaJimj 
#1 ·
I just got pulled over for the first time, 503 miles into ownership, in my NB RS. I was going 64 in a 55, which honestly wasn't faster than the flow of traffic. I was given a warning (thankfully), but I'm wondering if I had been in something else if I wouldn't have been pulled over at all.

Have you guys noticed any more or less attention now that you're driving your RS?

#2 ·
This is a part of the reason I switched from NB to SG, police attention.

Funnily enough, my build date of August 29th was just bumped to 2 days ago, car is currently in production, and I've also discovered that the dealer failed to enact the colour change properly, so it is a NB.

Hopefully this was just a one time occurrence for you.

#6 ·
I have gotten a thumbs up while driving from 3 cops so far. I also had a cop pull up next to me a t a stop light and roll down his window to tell me "Nice Car" and "How does it handle and how fast is it"? I said faster than your cruiser with a smile and he told me to do a launch (we were at a Red light and the first cars). I asked him if he would pull me over and ticket me if I did and he said "NOPE; I just want to see how runs"?

So light turned Green, I launch away and got all the way to 3rd gear before slowing down. Then at the next light he pulled back up next to me and Had the BIGGEST SMILE on his face and he says "LOVE THE SOUND, POPS and the car overall", "Have fun in it, be careful and watch out for my partners!!!"

He then gave me another thumbs up and pulled away.

Have to say, it was quite interesting to have a cop tell me to get on it so he could see/hear it and then did nothing to me except smile!!!!

I have to admit, it was pretty cool!

#9 ·
I have gotten a thumbs up while driving from 3 cops so far. I also had a cop pull up next to me a t a stop light and roll down his window to tell me "Nice Car" and "How does it handle and how fast is it"? I said faster than your cruiser with a smile and he told me to do a launch (we were at a Red light and the first cars). I asked him if he would pull me over and ticket me if I did and he said "NOPE; I just want to see how runs"?

So light turned Green, I launch away and got all the way to 3rd gear before slowing down. Then at the next light he pulled back up next to me and Had the BIGGEST SMILE on his face and he says "LOVE THE SOUND, POPS and the car overall", "Have fun in it, be careful and watch out for my partners!!!"

He then gave me another thumbs up and pulled away.

Have to say, it was quite interesting to have a cop tell me to get on it so he could see/hear it and then did nothing to me except smile!!!!
That's freakin' awesome!! Man, I wish I got that kinda love when I drive the orange car around. Now been followed by the Po-Leece 3 of the last 6 times I've driven it, and pulled over to tell me I was not going fast enough in the fast lane on the freeway. I want your cops, dammit!

#12 ·
Ok, who's going to be the first to actual receive a citation?

@whereiswaldo7 is the first to receive a warning.

Be safe out there people.

#14 ·
I have cruise set on the speed limit unless traffic is too slow to go that fast. I don't get pulled unless I have a light out any more, then I pull the bulb from the box and replace on the spot and allow to go with just a verbal and I thank them for letting me know. But, when I was a teenager.... I got pulled twice a month because of the car I drove and because I was never doing anything wrong never got a ticket. That was in my 67 Lincoln Continental with limo tint (was legal then) and Keystone classic wheels.

Reactions: D1ckSlippy
#19 ·
Exactly the opposite experience here.

Unless they see the front of the car my car looks like every other eco Play-Doh blue colored car.

I had one cop see the front end and I was praying he wasn't going to pull me over and he didn't.

#20 ·
Got pulled over twice in my TS FoST, The first time because I didn't have my front plate on and the second time was because of my window tint. Because of the color, I think they thought I was a young punk. When they got me pulled over and saw that I was an older punk, I just got warnings ha-ha.
So far so good in the SG FoRS, a little over 1800 miles to date... No front plate but no window tint (yet) either.

#21 ·
A couple of weeks ago (~week after I got the RS) my wife and I were out driving around looking for open land for sale since we want to build a house. I'm doing roughly 20mph in a 25 zone and I completely fail to see a stop sign until I'm halfway through a very empty intersection. I brake, but since I'm already in the middle of the intersection I just casually roll through it, look to my side and theres the cop. I just pulled over in a parking lot up ahead waiting for my ticket.

To my surprise the cop, a younger guy, was super nice. He checked my record and asked me a few questions about the RS. He let me off with a warning, said to be a little more careful, and that he was quite jealous of the car.

I looked at my wife when all of this concluded and said "wow, I thought this car was going to get me tickets, not get me out of them"

#22 ·
Might have to do the with the color..... In Florida every car is practically silver, so my Performance Blue ST stands out like crazy.... now PB is an incredible color.... but NB ... that's just asking to be picked out of crowd..... Can't wait for my NB to come.... leaving Zeebruge hopefully in 6 days..... Good Luck with yours... and not getting pulled over again.

#27 ·
Don't use a detector in VA! If you are caught with one it only escalates your fine.

Other methods for determining speed in VA:

Pacing by a Law Enforcement Officer
•Detection by Aircraft
•VASCAR
•Speed Detection by Radar
•Laser Speed Detection

Watch your speed in VA and avoid Emporia if possible! (Save it for the track!)

Reactions: D1ckSlippy
#29 ·
Let's see;
3 Tickets in my Kandy Red celica GT-S
1 in my BBY Evo
0 in my WRX
0 in the RDX
0 in the NB RS... so far lol.

That said, I don't goof around much anymore, especially in areas I don't know. And I live smack dab in the middle of 3 townships now, which cops from each of them live in my development and just talk to me, wave, or rev at me up here. So that might be helping me out.

#31 ·
no tickets or warnings in 29 years (after piling up a few in the early years ;-)...no undue police attention felt in my NB RS...my GT350R, however, is a totally different story.

Reactions: Ecobeast
#37 ·
Sorry, looks like we have our first ticket here.

Are you going to contest or just pay the fine?

#39 ·
Thread name change and sticky.

#45 ·
I've been pulled over a bunch of times but only one ticket because I had to speed up to avoid a bus that was coming to my lane. I even asked the cop if he saw the bus. He said yes. Ticket.

The other time was in my Accord flying through the freeway then cop pulled me over for speeding and changing lanes without signaling. He asked me what the hurry was. I showed him the Popeyes chicken I just bought. I said wanted to get home while it's warm. He let me go quickly. Thank you Popeyes.