Ford Focus RS Forum banner
381 - 393 of 393 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,105 Posts
I feel your pain... not so much in the RS but I had an RSX years ago and I couldn’t leave my house to go anywhere without a civic, Integra, Jetta, and etc revving and trying to race me. It became a daily occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can say that again.

Last Sat leaving the house there was a V6 Accord egging me and a VW prior to that.

During this day I noticed there was more than usual CHP on the road, it's not a holiday or any events happening in San Diego.

Heading back home a Mazda 3 and I decided to teach the buster a lesson. after having at it for a mile, a later year golf was flashing his headlamp but not speeding...... It got my attention and put my head on a swivel.

The Mazda went to the carpool lane and I slowed down and went to lanes to the right........ 5 seconds later the CHP was on his a$$ with the Christmas lights on.

Good thing me exit was next and got the heck off the freeway!

He got a gift!

Reactions: Crystals

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
I stopped at the County Sheriff’s office for some permitting business. The deputy spied the RS and walked out with me to check it out.
There was a young lady sitting in a truck, and as we walked up she said, I’ll bet you’re glad to get your car back.
Ah, what?
Well, I see your wheels are booted....
Long story short, she thought the calipers were locks.
She got a crash course in disc brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
It wasn’t me, but my oldest granddaughter.(18)...51 in a 40.
Her excuse was, she was coming from work, and her shoes have a thicker sole.
My view: Chicken s-hit stop, by the cop.
Very, lame excuse, by my granddaughter.
Truth be known, she could have been going well over 51, and the cop cut her some slack. 6 over isn’t worth the time or paperwork.
Maybe I‘ll get the truth over beers when she’s 25😆

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
51 in a 40 is 11 over...
Good catch.
The plot thickens...she was actually going 59 in a 40, which was noted on the ticket....but it also said the fine should be processed as 51 in a 40. All else was in order.
I found it interesting he wrote it up like that. Maybe to justify the stop?

·
Registered
571 Posts
That’s how they write it up to reduce the fine. A couple years ago I got pulled over for 84 in a 70, but given a ticket for 5 over. The ticket still said I was pulled over for 84mph in a 70, but the block checked for the fine was the 5mph over block. It was still pretty expensive and from then on I have set my cruise control to the speed limit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got pulled over for the first time, 503 miles into ownership, in my NB RS. I was going 64 in a 55, which honestly wasn't faster than the flow of traffic. I was given a warning (thankfully), but I'm wondering if I had been in something else if I wouldn't have been pulled over at all.

Have you guys noticed any more or less attention now that you're driving your RS?
Here in the UK the police tend to only pull over red cars or any coloured BMW's and if you have a beige coloured car you will never get pulled over.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was at a stoplight in sport mode with a burble tune from Tunewerks. I was driving normally and it popped a little bit (had an AWE Track exhaust) and the police suddenly got behind me and pulled me over. He said my exhaust was too loud and cited me for 2 other things (windshield obstruction and window tints). I bought the car used almost 3 years ago, have been dailying it and this is the first time someone batted an eye lol. Gave me a court date as well. Guess cop was having a bad day. This is in IL.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS, Chicago
543 Posts
Was at a stoplight in sport mode with a burble tune from Tunewerks. I was driving normally and it popped a little bit (had an AWE Track exhaust) and the police suddenly got behind me and pulled me over. He said my exhaust was too loud and cited me for 2 other things (windshield obstruction and window tints). I bought the car used almost 3 years ago, have been dailying it and this is the first time someone batted an eye lol. Gave me a court date as well. Guess cop was having a bad day. This is in IL.
Where was this in Illinois. I live in Darien and they have been quite aggressive lately about everything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where was this in Illinois. I live in Darien and they have been quite aggressive lately about everything.
Hey, hope you're doing well. How's your Red RS doing? I live in Bloomingdale but it was the next town over PD's Glendale Heights that cited me. My town's PD don't bat an eye at my car lol.

381 - 393 of 393 Posts