Ford Focus RS Forum banner
361 - 380 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, aggressive/excessive acceleration is a thing. There is normal acceleration and there is trying to hit 88mph as fast as you can in order to generate 1.21 gigawatts with your flux capacitor.

lol Congrats on your new friendship!

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Yes, aggressive/excessive acceleration is a thing. There is normal acceleration and there is trying to hit 88mph as fast as you can in order to generate 1.21 gigawatts with your flux capacitor.

lol Congrats on your new friendship!
4th of July we rafted up with 17 other boats, hers being one of, turns out my wife knew her from previous work. Other boats included Chief of Police, other officers, guards from our local prison & their families plus mutual friends of ours.
A couple of weekends like that I’ll be able to get away with anything!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yesterday I was behind a semi going 60 in a 65 on a 2-lane country road. We came to a hill and he slows down even further, but luckily we got a 1/4 mile long dedicated passing lane so I floored it to get past him, then saw a highway patrol coming the other way. He did a u-turn and pulled me over.

He comes over and says “i know that is a short passing zone and you were trying to pass the truck but you were going 85 in a 65.” We talked about how it’s the safest thing to get a pass done as quickly as possible, but you technically aren’t allowed to speed even to pass. I was wearing my scrubs from a shift in the ER and I thought for sure he would let me off.

Then he came back acting all gracious and said instead of a speeding ticket he would write me for “wasting a finite resource” which is “only $145.” Apparently that ticket comes from the 70s when it was illegal to drive over 55 because of the oil crisis.

I wanted to tell him to write that ticket for all of the F350s pulling 5th wheel camper palaces...

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
7,105 Posts
@Camper Van Someren , can that be thrown out? well, just wait for the HP to file the ticket (some don't get filed but you are on the hook for up to a year)

@GmpaJimj , good to hear you have a police friend to sign off on your fix-it tickets now.

Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Registered
872 Posts
That’s nuts! Wasting a finite resource? Sounds like he pulled that out of a dark crevice!
I know! It’s like he knew it was a bs ticket and I was being safe by passing quickly... but he still needed to fill his fundraising quota by the end of the month.

@nicklulu it could probably be thrown out, but it’s registered in a courthouse 2+ hours from my home so I don’t really want to fight it.

·
Premium Member
7,105 Posts
I know! It’s like he knew it was a bs ticket and I was being safe by passing quickly... but he still needed to fill his fundraising quota by the end of the month.

@nicklulu it could probably be thrown out, but it’s registered in a courthouse 2+ hours from my home so I don’t really want to fight it.
With my 13 tickets 7 of those were not filed. I have to call the court house once every month for a year!

I do hope it gets thrown out or not filed at all!

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
With my 13 tickets 7 of those were not filed. I have to call the court house once every month for a year!

I do hope it gets thrown out or not filed at all!
What is the purpose In calling the court house?
Edit: There is a quota. This comes from a ret. PA Trooper. Not a # exactly, but you’re expected to “generate” a reasonable level of citation activity. And yes, CVanS, it gets worse toward the end of the month.
In our area, city cops, were told to “limit interaction” in traffic. (Covid)
They are to busy to run traffic*, unless there is a complaint about a particular street or individual. Naturally if they witness someone acting up (me)! It also causes them a lot of extra paperwork.
* the drunks, drugged, domestic dispute, barking dogs, trespassers (sometimes all at once!) causes a huge glut of paperwork. But wait there’s more...when it goes to court, the DA or judge may reduce charges, or flat toss it all out. Usually the cop goes to court on there time. That is probably why 7 tickets of yours never saw the light of day.
I guess this makes me a double agent! (I may change my avatar for security reasons)

·
Premium Member
7,105 Posts
What is the purpose In calling the court house?
The court can send you a courtesy notification but they are not required.

The police occifer has up to a year to file the ticket with the court, but you only have to the date on the ticket to respond.

Calling the court once a month to check if its filed keeps your butt out of the pokey if the court decide not to send you a courtesy snail mail and decided to get a warrant for your butt.

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
It’s late, dark, quiet. We have neighbors, but at dusk the hood shuts down.
my wife says, there’s a guy standing at the steps. Adrenaline! Now he’s at the kitchen door, as am I with “ my little friend “
Oh...2 Pa State Police.... It seems the guy across the street drove into the ditch. A very deep ditch.
He has a walking boot on and got trapped in his van. The wrecker guy calls the PSP, because he can’t get him out or tow with a body in the veh. Turns out the guy was DWI & on pain meds. (foot) They took him to the hospital. for a blood draw, as a sobriety test was out (foot)
Anyway, after all that, they brought him to our house to see if I would sigh for him, so they didn’t have to hold him. I did, they left, neighbor in complete denial, he feels screwed by the man!
Some evening.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Definitely got pulled over last week because the cop "couldn't see" my temp tags. Told him to go solve some crimes somewhere instead of fishing in a new purchase as if someone would be stupid enough to cruise a bright red RS after boosting it from a dealership.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yesterday I was behind a semi going 60 in a 65 on a 2-lane country road. We came to a hill and he slows down even further, but luckily we got a 1/4 mile long dedicated passing lane so I floored it to get past him, then saw a highway patrol coming the other way. He did a u-turn and pulled me over.

He comes over and says “i know that is a short passing zone and you were trying to pass the truck but you were going 85 in a 65.” We talked about how it’s the safest thing to get a pass done as quickly as possible, but you technically aren’t allowed to speed even to pass. I was wearing my scrubs from a shift in the ER and I thought for sure he would let me off.

Then he came back acting all gracious and said instead of a speeding ticket he would write me for “wasting a finite resource” which is “only $145.” Apparently that ticket comes from the 70s when it was illegal to drive over 55 because of the oil crisis.

I wanted to tell him to write that ticket for all of the F350s pulling 5th wheel camper palaces...
He really opened himself up for some snark with "wasting a finite resource." I can think of a few that were needlessly wasted, but talking back never helps the situation...

·
Registered
2018 RS, 2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2021 MME GTPE
187 Posts
He really opened himself up for some snark with "wasting a finite resource." I can think of a few that were needlessly wasted, but talking back never helps the situation...
Yeah - but better than a speeding ticket - what state was this in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Been ticketed twice since owning the car since 2017. One deserved and the other not so much. Had other cars going faster than me. Just picked me instead of the others

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
my problem is not the feds, its the other road users.
Everytime i go out in mine i get some jerk sitting up my rear end in a peugot diesel or something along those lines wanting to have a race 🤐

Reactions: 2fast2focus

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
my problem is not the feds, its the other road users.
Everytime i go out in mine i get some jerk sitting up my rear end in a peugot diesel or something along those lines wanting to have a race
I feel your pain... not so much in the RS but I had an RSX years ago and I couldn’t leave my house to go anywhere without a civic, Integra, Jetta, and etc revving and trying to race me. It became a daily occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 393 Posts