Ford Focus RS Forum banner
341 - 360 of 393 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
That is one of those that he should have gone to court over, no lawyer needed, show the PA registration and the PA laws regarding plate display on the vehicle. Odds are there was more to the story for the officer to have ticketed him/her for that missing plate after seeing the PA plate on the back.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That is one of those that he should have gone to court over, no lawyer needed, show the PA registration and the PA laws regarding plate display on the vehicle. Odds are there was more to the story for the officer to have ticketed him/her for that missing plate after seeing the PA plate on the back.
Maybe I should have gone further - he did go to court, showed the registration and explained the law (I'm not sure if he had a copy in the courtroom). The judge still upheld the fine.
He then consulted with a lawyer and was basically told that it would cost him more to appeal in court and layer fees so he just let it go. The lawyer told him that the county had a reputation for these fines and the judges were very friendly to law enforcement in such case.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Long Island NY here! As of yesterday, it's been 2 years with my RS. For me, it has been a noticeable target.
Over these last 2 years I've been pulled over 8 times. Funny enough, only one was truly earned for speeding.
Four other separate occasions, months and miles apart, "a stolen vehicle matched my description." Each of these times, I was quizzed on my identity and asked to take sobriety tests. Four. The last one I received a ticket for my dealer's plastic licence plate trim blocking the corner of the "N" in New York. I feel bad for NB and RR if SB is like this 😂

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Today I was winding up a great drive, in a 45 mph stretch just before a complex intersection. There was a black SUV close, not exactly tailgating, but close. I made a snap decision to cut through a gas station to avoid the intersection. I signaled, made an abrupt right at maybe 30 mph into the station. It occurred to me maybe that was a little rude to the SUV, so I glanced in my mirror. That’s when I saw the gold on the door. Oops. He got maybe, two flashes of yellow from my, ahem, smoke tail lites. His lights came on. “Your papers please” After he ran my info. he handed it back and said, “You’re living up to your license plate.” (BAD XMPLE)
”Drive more cautiously, have a nice day”
i Was warned last month for “accelerating rapidly” aka reckless driving. I’m wondering what it will be next month.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got pulled over for the first time, 503 miles into ownership, in my NB RS. I was going 64 in a 55, which honestly wasn't faster than the flow of traffic. I was given a warning (thankfully), but I'm wondering if I had been in something else if I wouldn't have been pulled over at all.

Have you guys noticed any more or less attention now that you're driving your RS?
Mate I boost my rs hard n the cops just seem to leave me alone it's great. I'm. Black bit stealth though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mate I boost my rs hard n the cops just seem to leave me alone it's great. I'm. Black bit stealth though
Got mine on the interstate just last week. The cop was cool, he cited me 78 in I think a 65. It was funny when he asked me how fast did i think I was going when I saw him...I laughed and replied ahh...like 80...maybe. He cracked up, said you were way north of 90!! I was!

·
Registered
2016 RS2
368 Posts
Got mine on the interstate just last week. The cop was cool, he cited me 78 in I think a 65. It was funny when he asked me how fast did i think I was going when I saw him...I laughed and replied ahh...like 80...maybe. He cracked up, said you were way north of 90!! I was!
Got mine last week.. I was 90 in a 60... opps... cop was nice and only gave me a 10 over ticket.. $45..

Reactions: SurfRs

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
It's the end of the month, that's the worst time to be goofing around in cars.

·
Registered
2016 RS2
368 Posts
It's the end of the month, that's the worst time to be goofing around in cars.
We’re I got hit with the ticket it drops down from 90 to 60, just got unlucky

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Apology in advance, I wasn’t in the RS.
Last summer I was on my bike, in the Walden Galleria, Buff. (****’s Sporting Goods side) Lot there is smaller on a slant, always full. It was hot, had my leathers off to the waist, helmet on but unbuckled, basically foot dragging, chugging around waiting for a spot.
Out of nowhere, this chick on a bicycle was beside me, not happy! Didn’t mean to cut her off or whatever, heck, I never saw her. As I’m thinking how good spandex can look, I realized...this is a cop! Then her partner appeared, again out of nowhere, and I was captured. They had lights, but really puny!
Once the official part was over, I explained, she was my 1st....bike cop.=) She even admitted to it being a rather [email protected] stop. (helmet unbuckled, feet off the pegs) But when I failed to stop she got po’ed. Warned again.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Maybe they’d have left you alone if you’d had that sniper rifle slung over your shoulder. Lol. Next time, maybe a pic of that ‘spandex’ so the rest of us would know what to keep an eye out for. Haha

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
Maybe they’d have left you alone if you’d had that sniper rifle slung over your shoulder. Lol. Next time, maybe a pic of that ‘spandex’ so the rest of us would know what to keep an eye out for. Haha
I’m planning a low speed crime spree as we speak!
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
This is a cop. Some time ago she stopped me for “aggressive acceleration“.(is that a real thing?) I was lectured on dangerous behavior, acting my age, Covid 19, driving barefoot, noisy car, wearing an AC/DC tee shirt, and various other antisocial activities. Now we’re friends. I love America!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automobile repair shop Bumper

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
This is a cop. Some time ago she stopped me for “aggressive acceleration“.(is that a real thing?) I was lectured on dangerous behavior, acting my age, Covid 19, driving barefoot, noisy car, wearing an AC/DC tee shirt, and various other antisocial activities. Now we’re friends. I love America! View attachment 342848
Is that a nose ring or a handcuff on the front of that cop car ???

341 - 360 of 393 Posts