Ford Focus RS Forum banner

321 - 326 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Reading through this thread is one of the major reasons I’d opt. for FW or SB in an RS, for daily driving, especially in CA. It’s nice to be able to ‘blend in’ with traffic a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have a nitrous blue RS and have been pulled over/ticketed once. Got pulled over for doing 84 in a 70, which I deserved after getting carried away mobbing on the freeway during a rainy day. Since then I just set my cruise control at the speed limit (or below it) and haven't had any trouble whatsoever. The cops don't even look my way, and I pass a lot of them on a weekly basis.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Reading through this thread is one of the major reasons I’d opt. for FW or SB in an RS, for daily driving, especially in CA. It’s nice to be able to ‘blend in’ with traffic a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly my reasoning for getting an SB, just gets dirty too quickly

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have had my NB for over 2 years in SF Bay Area and haven't been pulled over in it. Initially I was worried that the color was too flashy but lately Toyota and Honda have been using a very similar color on some of their models so it's not sticking out as much.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Only ticket I've gotten in CA was during a long commute north, pulled over by some hodunk hipo in a town with like 200 people for 'illegal tint' and no front plate. I played dumb and told him the tint guy said it was legal. I only kept it respectful because I had just found out my license had expired with no letter from the DMV (Only found out when a cashier wouldn't let me buy beer with it), and he really could have screwed me.

This is after driving the car with no front plate/tint for 2 1/2 years in LA without any attention from cops.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Only ticket I've gotten in CA was during a long commute north, pulled over by some hodunk hipo in a town with like 200 people for 'illegal tint' and no front plate. I played dumb and told him the tint guy said it was legal. I only kept it respectful because I had just found out my license had expired with no letter from the DMV (Only found out when a cashier wouldn't let me buy beer with it), and he really could have screwed me.

This is after driving the car with no front plate/tint for 2 1/2 years in LA without any attention from cops.
Only reason I have been pulled over as well. Driving up the 395 for illegal tint.

321 - 326 of 326 Posts