Ford Focus RS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 326 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
I got pulled over about a month ago. I only have a stage one COBB and the device that opens the exhaust flap on the left side of the exhaust. Very nice looking Sherriff pulled me over for going over the speed limit just a little bit. She asked me if I was in a hurry. I said no. she said your exhaust is loud, I said it came like that from the factory in Germany. She said yeah I know. I work for Law enforcement and she notice through my cover shirt my uniform. I confirmed I was, then she said “I got all excited thinking you were some punk a** kid driving…” lol I said no its only me. Then she walked away a little irked and let me go.
what do you do for Law Enforcement?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got mine yesterday, white one. Brought it from QC to ON with temporary plates and got no problem.
which dealership did you get it from? did it come with wrapped black roof and a windshield banner? when I bought mine earlier this year I was exclusively looking for white ones and there were only two white ones left; they were both near the ON/QC border, I might have had my eyes on your car for a long time lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haven't gotten pulled over yet but I notice many cops around my area breaking their necks looking at my RS... the red color probably doesn't help :p

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Haven't had an issue since the first week of purchase where I was testing out high speed stability on one of our tollways. My V1 went off (worth its' weight in gold) when i was doing a buch oh five. I nail the brakes, and as I get to the speed limit, I'm on the left rear tire of a statie suburban with the front bumper. I never even got even with his driver window. He was pissed. He had turned on his radar so he could nail me as I went by. He turned it on too soon and I got him. So he threw every light on he had, lightbar, g damn suburban/tahoe looked like a spaceship. I held my lane and didn't move, waiting for him to brake, get behind me and try to pull me over. WTF was he going to get me on? He never got a shot. He tailed me for 2 more miles on the tollway, 2 miles on a regular interstate, then 3 miles on another tollway. I had the speedo on cruise at the speed limit. He finally got pissed off and left. Haha f u. Our tollways are expensive. Every toll is well over a buck, some booths are $2.XX so if I'm paying to drive on it I'm speeding, catch me if you can mf'er.

·
Registered
17 Posts
which dealership did you get it from? did it come with wrapped black roof and a windshield banner? when I bought mine earlier this year I was exclusively looking for white ones and there were only two white ones left; they were both near the ON/QC border, I might have had my eyes on your car for a long time lol
I don't think so. I got mine from Formule Ford. They are in Granby, it's a small city around 100KM from Montreal. It didn't have wraps. The color was not my first choice as I'd prefer a the black one, but the price was within my expectations, came with the set of winter wheels and brand new winter tires. So it was more the opportunity/what I could pay, than my preference.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't think so. I got mine from Formule Ford. They are in Granby, it's a small city around 100KM from Montreal. It didn't have wraps. The color was not my first choice as I'd prefer a the black one, but the price was within my expectations, came with the set of winter wheels and brand new winter tires. So it was more the opportunity/what I could pay, than my preference.
Oh nice! was it brand new or used? I'm curious why your car didn't show up on ford.ca when I was looking for one :/

But congrats on you getting the car!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I mostly just get stopped for my window tints by the state trooperz..but being law enforcement as well, all the local officers know it's me so now I don't get stopped anymore

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh okay that would make sense, I was looking for new ones

Enjoy your car! maybe you'll start to like the color someday, blends in quite well with the winter weather lol
What I have in mind, is to keep my eyes on the 2018 LE's. If at some poid they start burning the price to just let it go, I may go for one...

·
Registered
102 Posts
This issue is about the only thing that could steer me from Nitrous Blue to Gray. I live in New England where we have many questionable policing agencies, so I try to avoid any unnecessary interactions.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I recently got a too loud exhaust warning becuase the officer could hear my stock exhaust from 25feet away. If he gave me a ticket I would've been pissed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here in Ohio, I drive by state patrol regularly on my commute and have never gotten pulled over. I have a front Euro plate but no state plate. I definitely think the "sleeper" factor plays a huge role.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got pulled over because the policecars headlights reflection in the mudflaps made them think sparks were coming off the car. The female officers were pretty embarassed when they realised the mistake. :roflpuke:
Also got pulled over after launching the car out of a big intersection. Got off with a warning.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I do think the color of the car makes a difference & the time-of-day to which you’re driving. If you’re driving around in a NB or RR late a night, then you’ll stick out like a sore thumb, however if your RS is black, grey or white, it just kind of blends in with other cars, during normal commuting hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
I drive the car very little on the road less then 3k miles a year and don't speed often as those days are behind me.

I've been pulled over twice with in the last 2months. First time was a very young stater that pulled a u turn to catch up to me on a 40mph stretch I was going 42 if anything. He goes do you know why I pulled you over? No... Do you know that your car is not in legal compliance? No... Then I asked him what about it is not in legal compliance? He said no front plate. That's when I kind of chuckled. He goes on to say that it was a slow day and made the time to give me a warning and to check out the car. Ended up being a very cool stater.

The second time I was in a town near auburn, WA that is known for pulling over tuned cars or lowered dark tint cars and even impounding them. When ever I'm near there I drive very responsibly. Well again I drive past a cop as normal as I could and he made a u turn. I didn't see him make the you turn as I pulled in to a gas station. He pulled up behind me and asked what kind of blow off valve I had. I wasn't sure if to answer as I'm not aware if its legal or not. I did tell him. To my surprise hes just a car enthusiast and an RS owner him self. Really cool cop even gave me a tuning shop recommendation.

Over all not a bad experience with law enforcement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't been pulled over since I was 16 (now 21) until recently. I have been pulled over twice in one month in the past four months of owning my RS. I live in California so a lot of my mods aren't very legal. First time pulled over I "drifted/slid" around a corner on a road near a new housing development. A sheriff happened to see and I pulled over even before he turned his lights on. He complimented the car and gave me a very friendly speech about driving safe and respectfully, and let me go with a warning (extremely nice and respectful police offer, who let me off when I really didn't deserve it). Second time was by a motorcycle cop for doing 80 in a 55 on a backroad (I was following traffic of cars behind and beside me) and he told me the only reason I was the only one pulled over was because his LIDAR locked on me. I currently am running the AWE track so its a bit attention grabbing of the authorities.

Time to grow up and start driving like a well behaved member of society and saving the hooning for the track and AutoX!

301 - 320 of 326 Posts