Ford Focus RS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
First post, purchased my 2017 RS today, no cop issues driving home but the salesman at the dealership begged me twice not to do anything stupid on the way home. Was rather fascinated by this as i'm not young, had to reassure him and tell him my last speeding ticket was in 1987.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haven't had a ticket in years. But, lawyer up, it's worth it. My son just got off with a small fine and no moving violation, when he was nicked for 90 in a 55, plus in HOV lane. I know people who had their cars impounded for that kind of speed, he just got a ticket and finished the drive to school.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pulled over a few times my RS, no tickets yet.
Got two speeding tickets totaling 367 dollars in my silver miata in '16 and '17; every time a girl was in the car: correlation = causation :p?.

In my RS been pulled over going 10 over them saying 11, they yelled at me saying, "SLOW DOWN".
Pulled over going 9 yelling at me, "SLOW DOWN", saying I was going 10.
Pulled over going 8 over saying it was 10 over.
Pulled over going 7 over saying it was 10 over, cop told me to go 5 over to not be bothered.
They don't bother me much anymore.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Pulled over a few times my RS, no tickets yet.
Got two speeding tickets totaling 367 dollars in my silver miata in '16 and '17; every time a girl was in the car: correlation = causation :p?.

In my RS been pulled over going 10 over them saying 11, they yelled at me saying, "SLOW DOWN".
Pulled over going 9 yelling at me, "SLOW DOWN", saying I was going 10.
Pulled over going 8 over saying it was 10 over.
Pulled over going 7 over saying it was 10 over, cop told me to go 5 over to not be bothered.
They don't bother me much anymore.
If I went 5 over on the highways around here, I'd get run over. Even at 8 or 9 over, most traffic is running 10 or more faster than I am.

·
Registered
309 Posts
No pull over in 6+k miles. I don't speed a lot but I get up to speed fast a lot and always popping that exhaust! I get an average of 1 thumbs up a day from guys, (some days none & some days like 3), and never by a cop, yet. I think at a distance it's a sleeper, which I love the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing factor of this car, until seen up closer.

·
Registered
525 Posts
13K kms and never been touched. Amazed as my custom system is pretty much straight through from a 100 cell cat and is damned loud. Magnetic Grey is awesome for flying under the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got a citation for the first time in many years last week in my SG. It was for racing. I was at a merge zone in the left lane (right of way) and some kind of weird Dodge tried to get around me. I honestly don't know what model car this was. I sped up and there was a cop hiding between two buildings. We were going MAYBE 5mph over the speed limit. I pulled over and the other guy kept speeding away. I plead not guilty and am heading into court next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the onwers in Ontario, how is it around here? I'm about to get an 17 NB, and I'm not kinda wondering how is the RS relation with the cops here.

Personally, I'm I don't like driving fast when there's traffic around, but I usually do I tend to gove 10Km/h over the limit sometimes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got my 17' RS mid June, SG. No tickets yet, I have a short drive to work. I'm like others, get up to speed fast then let off. I've had a couple people urge me to show off, but I just cruise until I find an empty road to stretch it out on.

·
Registered
274 Posts
First post, purchased my 2017 RS today, no cop issues driving home but the salesman at the dealership begged me twice not to do anything stupid on the way home. Was rather fascinated by this as i'm not young, had to reassure him and tell him my last speeding ticket was in 1987.
his last sale probably ended up in the crashed RS thread.

·
Registered
308 Posts
For the onwers in Ontario, how is it around here? I'm about to get an 17 NB, and I'm not kinda wondering how is the RS relation with the cops here.

Personally, I'm I don't like driving fast when there's traffic around, but I usually do I tend to gove 10Km/h over the limit sometimes.
I've had no issues myself tbh and I consistently go more than 10 over limit.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
With my luck, i'll avg one ticket a yr.

Not for speeding.... nooo...... its for something shinny sticking behind my car.:mad-new:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Have had the car for 2 years now, Nitrous Blue, no front license plate (I'm in CA) and have lived in metro areas and no tickets what so ever (knock on wood). I say if you drive like a good member of society and don't give them any reason to give you a ticket, no reason to worry about all the "extra attention"

·
Registered
663 Posts
I’ve been driving for 15 years now, and just got my first ticket yesterday. I was going 25 in a school zone. 10 in the morning and not a kid in sight...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here in the Fort Lauderdale area I have been followed and kind of provoked to run. What the popo does is to let you see them in the rearview that they move quickly in and out of other lanes in the hopes that one might run. That would be the dumbest thing but... there are those who think that they can outrun a radiocall to other popo. Anyway, they stick behind you for a couple of minutes and then they wildly take off again. Happened 4 times in the time that I have my RS (since end Nov'17). Just stay cool and relaxed and they won't bother you.
This happens to me all the time. I always laugh at them and joke around that they looked like drunks.
They will see me go through an intersection and they will turn from what ever lane they're in and blow the red light with no lights of sirens. Always noticable when you see a Ford SUV with HID's coming up your six at about 60 mph in a 35 mph zone. Then get a couple feet off my bumper and the games begin. Long as your car is legal you have nothing to worry about like you said. They leave just a quick flipping a u-turn in the middle of the road and taking off way over the speed limit probably pissed he could not chase a real car like the RS.

·
Registered
502 Posts
So the family went out to eat, and we were coming home. My son, who also drove his Fiesta, pulled up next to me at a light. So when it changed, he popped it, chirping the tires, and took off. Immediately a cop appears from nowhere and pulls him over, we continue on. When he gets home he's got a huge grin on his face as he tells us the story.

Cop: "You in a rush?"
Son: "Nah, wuz just messing with my dad, he was next to me."
Cop: "What, you can't beat that, that's an RS!"

Cop let's him off the hook w/o even a warning.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I got pulled over about a month ago. I only have a stage one COBB and the device that opens the exhaust flap on the left side of the exhaust. Very nice looking Sherriff pulled me over for going over the speed limit just a little bit. She asked me if I was in a hurry. I said no. she said your exhaust is loud, I said it came like that from the factory in Germany. She said yeah I know. I work for Law enforcement and she notice through my cover shirt my uniform. I confirmed I was, then she said “I got all excited thinking you were some punk a** kid driving…” lol I said no its only me. Then she walked away a little irked and let me go.

281 - 300 of 326 Posts