Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone near Sacramento California have an extra car or truck that they can rent to me until the RS arrives? My RS is produced, will be on the first boat for a may / june delivery.

I am willing to pay anywhere from $300-$450 a month and I have a 100% clean driving record no accidents. My lease just ended and I have to turn in my car on Sunday to Ford.

I will use my insurance to replace or fix your car if it was crashed or totaled. We can sign a doc stating that my insurance will be used in the event of a crash or damage. Also, you can drive my RS when it arrives!

·
Super Moderator
15,785 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'd let you borrow one of my Miatas, but it's multicolored and missing door panels. And unless you can wait until April 16th you'd be responsible for getting it to California and back.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Damn.. I wish you were closer, I could at least let you use my old explorer until my buddy buys it from me.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
You moving out here to CA?
Haha no, my other Miata is getting a turbo and I won't be available to deal with this one until after that one is running again. I was originally thinking that I'd have to drive two cars out there and one car back but then I remembered how far away California is.

·
Super Moderator
15,785 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5503176898.html

What's wrong with buying something then reselling it? That van would make you love your RS more than anything in the world once it arrives. Not to mention you could probably get it for $2500, and sell it afterwards for the same.
I don't want to take a risk on resale or buying a clunker. I did that a few years ago and the AC went out and needed a new clutch within 3 month of buying the POS. The max I'd be willing to spend is $1000

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I don't want to take a risk on resale or buying a clunker. I did that a few years ago and the AC went out and needed a new clutch within 3 month of buying the POS. The max I'd be willing to spend is $1000
If AC is a requirement then my Miata is out. There's not much that works on that car beyond everything that's required to make it move and one passenger side speaker. Dead reliable, but definitely a beater. It also only has winter tires. You know what. Just forget that I offered.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If AC is a requirement then my Miata is out. There's not much that works on that car beyond everything that's required to make it move and one passenger side speaker. Dead reliable, but definitely a beater. It also only has winter tires. You know what. Just forget that I offered.
I don't require AC, just don't want to buy a car for $3,000 then the AC goes out and its only worth $2K. I appreciate you offering I really do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Talk to your dealer. Lots of dealerships will do long-term rentals.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would call Ford Credit or whomever your lease is with. Most will let you extend the lease especially if you are moving into another vehicle from them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just buy a car if you don't have one to borrow from a friend/family member.

Buy a car for 3K, then A/C goes out. Now worth 2K. As in your example. 1K loss, you were willing to pay 350-450 a mo for a rental from someone on here. 2 Months = 7-900. Guaranteed out of pocket, 7-900 dollars. The 1K loss on the 3k car is only possible. Less risk, similar out of pocket. My .02

1 - 18 of 18 Posts