Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn’t like the look of the stock RS winter wheels on my red RS. Decided to platidip them with 4 coats of gunmetal gray dip and two coats of glossifier.

The new look suits the red and black theme much better. And it can be easily removed if I grow tired of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
I like the look. Do you use the same lug nuts from your summer set up? I just bought winter wheels and an planning on using the oem lugs.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

I did use the same hardware as what came with my summer forged wheels

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Looks very good!

There is a RR RS at the same airport I work at and everytime I see it with the winters on I think it looks busy: RR, black spoiler, blue calipers, silver wheels! The RR LE definitely looks better with the darker wheels!

·
Registered
268 Posts
It doesn't really look like you need winter tires in these pictures :)

We had two inches of snow yesterday morning. I pulled into the work parking lot early and, traction control off, in drift mode, did a few morning donuts before parking. Thought no one saw, but 15 minutes later one of the office professionals came over the pa and said, "would the person who pulled in and checked the brakes, wink wink, in there cute little blue car, come tell me how you did that?" She thought it was a great way to start the morning.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I always try to get to work early when it snows for that exact same reason!

Security guards know my car for sure, they sometimes open the gate before I swipe my badge and some ask questions about the RS!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't really look like you need winter tires in these pictures :)

We had two inches of snow yesterday morning. I pulled into the work parking lot early and, traction control off, in drift mode, did a few morning donuts before parking. Thought no one saw, but 15 minutes later one of the office professionals came over the pa and said, "would the person who pulled in and checked the brakes, wink wink, in there cute little blue car, come tell me how you did that?" She thought it was a great way to start the morning.

Pics make the weather look quite deceiving, for sure. It was our last decent day this fall in Minneapolis. It snowed few days later and it’s been more or less at or below freezing since.

I wore flip flops in my heated/insulated garage that day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts