Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using plan pricing?

I don't believe the RS is eligible for the "A" plan as the Raptor wasn't, but I believe the "X" plan still applies.
Anyone can confirm this as my salesman says he is looking into it for me?

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
If it's not on the ineligible list from ford (and as of now, it's not) than it is dealer discretion on low volume vehicles. I was laughed out of one dealer for even suggesting A plan purchase for a RS. He told me flat out, why would I sell it to you when I can sell it someone else for 5k adm. I have an order in and I'm perfectly happy with my current car so I can wait. I have also herd rumors that Ford does plan to build the RS states side. They will probably have more than they can sell once that happens and A/Z/X plan will not be an issue at all.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I talked to higher up at Ford Performance at the GT350 track tour, and he stated that a Ford executive couldn't even get his hands on a RS without going to a dealership and purchasing one like the rest of us. No special pricing...for anyone

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I talked to higher up at Ford Performance at the GT350 track tour, and he stated that a Ford executive couldn't even get his hands on a RS without going to a dealership and purchasing one like the rest of us. No special pricing...for anyone
I'd take that with a grain of salt. You think a Ford VP is going to walk into a Ford dealership to purchase an RS? Really?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'd take that with a grain of salt. You think a Ford VP is going to walk into a Ford dealership to purchase an RS? Really?
According to him that's literally what happened when the '13 GT500 came out.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I can see that being the case with some executives but I don't see that being the case with all executives.
The individual in the story had the last name Ford, forget which one. But yes could be total BS

1 - 20 of 54 Posts