Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Plan B if you don't get FoRS

35K views 93 replies 55 participants last post by  frs-f=rs 
#1 ·
So I haven't give up, not even close, but would like to have plan B :D if I'm not able to get FoRS next year.

If you decide not to wait for year 2 production (if any) and decide to buy the car next year (maybe you have to cos your lease expires :) ) what route would you take?

STi is a good candidate, but how about other cars that are similar in price (max $45k) and performance? I kinda like 370Z Nismo but I want to hear what other people think overall.

Get set. Rdy. Go. :cool:

#10 ·
#11 ·
1. Buy a 2nd used ST for track-only events
OR
2. Buy a 2016 Mustang GT with Track-Pack

Reactions: Ca kleStack
#12 ·
If the RS doesn't blow my freakin mind, or something comes up that I can't get one, I have a couple backups:
1) Miata or Fiat 124 or apparently a Miata-based, updated FR-S. Auto-x my Mk1 Focus til it explodes. Give it a hero's funeral.
2) Mustang GT or Camaro SS, if I wind up liking them. Fit pulverizing suspension.
3) lease some appalling, bland POS for work, get something ridiculous and old for fun: Alfa Romeo anything, FD RX-7, RX-8, MR2, how much does an old Elise go for now...?
4) I might really like a Fiesta St/Focus St/WRX/GTI

#40 ·
Elise and Exige's are going thru the roof. An MR2 might be a blast.

Reactions: Ca kleStack
#13 ·
Magnetic Metallic 2017 Mustang GT with the Performance Package.
But only if Ford themselves told me that there are was no way possible for me to get an RS.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#18 ·
RSify my ST.

Tappin with my Galaxy S6

#21 ·
Ide go full Cosworth long block closed deck and o ringed. Then an EFR turbo and full race exhaust manifold and rotated kit and run 500-550 whp for while. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Hatchback

#22 · (Edited)
For whatever reason I couldn't get an RS, I would just drive my matrix for awhile longer until I can find a good deal on a sti hatchback like the one in mofoRS's post and look into building the engine on it and some other things. My original plan was to look at getting an STi new or old and sell off my matrix, but once news of the RS popped up and heard it was coming to 'Murica I decided why not try to get an RS instead since pricing will be similar.

#23 ·
I haven't really thought about a plan B as I'm dead set on getting an RS (Black, RS2, forged wheels, no sunroof). I've been in regular contact with my dealer, especially recently as things seem to be getting closer to being able to order. I guess if I can't get one I'll just keep driving my ST3. It's got 66k miles on it now and I'm ready for something new.

#28 ·
After reading comments majority of people would switch to muscle car vs. somewhat of a "tunner"(STi's, foRS, etc.).
I'm curious about it? Not that is bad or anything, at the contrary, but I'm just curios to why that kinda of a change. Also, would you use foRS as a DD or no?I don't know if I would use SS (for example) as my daily, especially in Midwest during winters.

#29 ·
I'm definitely with you there. Here in Western New York a muscle car is pointless as a DD. That's what is so appealing about the RS to me. Much like the STi I suppose. After driving a new STi though...no way. I owned a 2007 STi Limited and I loved that car, but they've gotten too big and ponderous and haven't updated that motor. Honestly, I believe the Focus RS will light a fire under Subaru. I hope so.

No plan B for me. I'll do what I gotta do to have the RS this Spring....everything accept pay ADM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.