Ford Focus RS Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts
Is it any more crazy than cross shopping a Mustang turbo?

I want a quick, non-DD car that is not FWD, about 3500 lbs, has up-to-date technology for carplay, has a comfortable interior but can be hooned around a track for funsies once in a while.

While I'm 95% sure the RS will be readily (if not easily) available at MSRP....I've come up with my own Plan B. Cost, within reason, isn't really a concern....so if no RS I'll be driving an Alfa Romeo Guilia if I can't find an MSRP deal on the RS. Hope someone at Ford is checking on the forum: Yes, there are people like me who can drive whatever they want, but who also will NOT play the "market price" game. Zero chance ever that I'd pay a greedy dealer a dime extra. I work for a living and I respect what that means. I pledge with my wallet that I will NEVER do business with any dealer that charges, or allows any form of market adjustment BS on a car.

while i'm 95% sure the rs will be readily (if not easily) available at msrp....i've come up with my own plan b. Cost, within reason, isn't really a concern....so if no rs i'll be driving an alfa romeo guilia if i can't find an msrp deal on the rs. Hope someone at ford is checking on the forum: Yes, there are people like me who can drive whatever they want, but who also will not play the "market price" game. Zero chance ever that i'd pay a greedy dealer a dime extra. I work for a living and i respect what that means. I pledge with my wallet that i will never do business with any dealer that charges, or allows any form of market adjustment bs on a car.
*** ^^^This!!!^^^ ***

While I'm 95% sure the RS will be readily (if not easily) available at MSRP....I've come up with my own Plan B. Cost, within reason, isn't really a concern....so if no RS I'll be driving an Alfa Romeo Guilia if I can't find an MSRP deal on the RS. Hope someone at Ford is checking on the forum: Yes, there are people like me who can drive whatever they want, but who also will NOT play the "market price" game. Zero chance ever that I'd pay a greedy dealer a dime extra. I work for a living and I respect what that means. I pledge with my wallet that I will NEVER do business with any dealer that charges, or allows any form of market adjustment BS on a car.

*** ^^^This!!!^^^ ***
The Alpha Rome Gulia for $89,000 is a huge price difference. For $89,000 you open up a whole lot of other options.

I am torn between a Golf R at $200 over invoice or a RS at MSRP. Even with a detailed Kepner Tregoe analysis the answer is not obvious. The RS has definite advantages and disadvantages. The Golf R also has definite advantages and disadvantages.

So should I buy the Golf R or the RS ?

The Alpha Rome Gulia for $89,000 is a huge price difference. For $89,000 you open up a whole lot of other options.

I am torn between a Golf R at $200 over invoice or a RS at MSRP. Even with a detailed Kepner Tregoe analysis the answer is not obvious. The RS has definite advantages and disadvantages. The Golf R also has definite advantages and disadvantages.

So should I buy the Golf R or the RS ?
If you are looking at a Golf R over invoice after the whole diesel issue and cheating at emissions you have a problem. Any VW dealer should be selling any inventory at under MSRP as penitence for this.

If you are looking at a Golf R over invoice after the whole diesel issue and cheating at emissions you have a problem. Any VW dealer should be selling any inventory at under MSRP as penitence for this.
Control Node,

The diesel fiasco deals only with diesel. Actually invoice plus $200 is below MSRP by a little over $1,500. But, I am not sure VW agrees with your business sales model.

MidCow3,

Ah, what I get for reading while tired after work. Thought it said $200 over sticker/MSRP. carry on, I'll sleep before posting again. And... I even type "invoice" in reply.

Yes, I understand that at present only the diesels have been proven to be affected, but it tarnished the image of any car with a VW badge.

The timing of the RS release may make or break if I can actually buy one. My Accord lease is up in 5 months, and I will need to step right into another vehicle once I turn it in.

I drove a 2016 Golf R the other day and that was pretty nice, but it has a very understated design and it is a pretty quiet car exhaust wise...but I could live with one.
I would bet you didn't have it set at "Race" mode. The exhaust is pretty loud in "Race" mode. :D

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.