Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't give up, not even close, but would like to have plan B :D if I'm not able to get FoRS next year.

If you decide not to wait for year 2 production (if any) and decide to buy the car next year (maybe you have to cos your lease expires :) ) what route would you take?

STi is a good candidate, but how about other cars that are similar in price (max $45k) and performance? I kinda like 370Z Nismo but I want to hear what other people think overall.

Get set. Rdy. Go. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I really do have my heart set on the RS... But if I can't get my hands on one.. or if dealer mark up is insane, I'm thinking of maybe a used 2014 Stingray.

I feel pretty confident that I can get the RS I want though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it's impossible to get an RS for whatever reason, I'll end up getting a Cayman of currently unknown year or sub-model.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
2016 Sti, built and reinforced block, upgraded turbo and fuel system around 500whp would be desirable

·
Registered
294 Posts
1. Buy a 2nd used ST for track-only events
OR
2. Buy a 2016 Mustang GT with Track-Pack

·
Registered
154 Posts
If the RS doesn't blow my freakin mind, or something comes up that I can't get one, I have a couple backups:
1) Miata or Fiat 124 or apparently a Miata-based, updated FR-S. Auto-x my Mk1 Focus til it explodes. Give it a hero's funeral.
2) Mustang GT or Camaro SS, if I wind up liking them. Fit pulverizing suspension.
3) lease some appalling, bland POS for work, get something ridiculous and old for fun: Alfa Romeo anything, FD RX-7, RX-8, MR2, how much does an old Elise go for now...?
4) I might really like a Fiesta St/Focus St/WRX/GTI

·
Registered
247 Posts
Magnetic Metallic 2017 Mustang GT with the Performance Package.
But only if Ford themselves told me that there are was no way possible for me to get an RS.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
A close plan B, which right now is pretty even with Plan A, would be a 2016 Camaro SS with mag ride. I love what they did with that car, the new chassis is incredible (check out the reviews of the ATS-V) and the interior is light years above what it was.

·
Registered
62 Posts
RSify my ST.

Tappin with my Galaxy S6

1 - 20 of 94 Posts