Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personalised plates in Australia differ from state to state with combinations, and once only fees or annually

Interesting to know who has opted to make their RS feel special with custom plates?

I understand some people wish not to disclose their choice or plate identity

Thoughts & combinations welcome

·
Registered
112 Posts
Plan for me is to have my personalised plates. Drifting related plates from way back in the day when I was driving the trusty old S13 SR20 turbo. Haven't had a car since that it really suits, but reckon it will on the RS. Planning to get them remade in acrylic, slim line with white font on black background for the front (should look good on the black mounting bar) and white background with black writing on the rears

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NSW Annual fee $440 is a revenue raiser, but i guess some combinations you choose, only keep for a few years then sell the car

Some states pay a once fee of $2k+ for Full Custom

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a couple in mind but don't like the yearly fee here in NSW. I might save the cash for tints or mods. The car should speak for itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have Vic Ford plates RS 257 could not believe they were still available ordered on 17/11/15 just waiting to put them on it is like I am 10 years old waiting for christmas

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm thinking maybe Euro plates will complement the car.

Not sure about which background, black letters on white or white letters on black.

Plenty of time i guess.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Anyone know who has the plate "FOCUS RS" in South Australia? I'll pay good money for them....
LOL, I was walking to the shops on Gorge Rd today and saw a green MK2 RS Focus drive by.......with these plates!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm in WA and have the personal plates "FOCUS WRC" on my MkII RS...they will be transferred to the new RS when it arrives mid year...From memory they cost around $500 (one off payment) a few years ago...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have one in mind but $440 a year kind of annoys me. Strange I know when spending mid $50s on a car, but it's the principal. What yearly cost is there in them maintaining a custom number plate?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have the Euro style plates so very similar:
V RS-257
I was actually going to purchase those plates before Christmas, enjoy, I didn't as I knew within a few months the power would be upped in my usual fashion, still deciding if it will be NSW or Vic Rgistration at moment and have some nice ones chosen either way, but NSW gives more choice vic gives cheaper price (on a long term basis)

1 - 20 of 150 Posts