Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or have a link to a description on how to adjust the pedders coilover kit? I have not been able to find anything that really shows you how to.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts

Not sure this was what you needed, but they kinda talk about adjustments

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I bought a set of Pedders. Very nice workmanship on all the parts. Fronts easy to install and so were the rears except for the shock bolts. Tried to install new rear shock bolts. Major problems. Very hard to turn after about 5 or 6 turns. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I bought a set of Pedders. Very nice workmanship on all the parts. Fonts easy to install and so were the rears except for the shock bolts. Tried to install new rear shock bolts. Major problems. Very hard to turn after about 5 or 6 turns. Anyone else have this issue?
Remove the bolt and make sure the threads are clear in the knuckle. I had a similar issue when I was replacing the rear struts, but used the existing bolt. Got it about half way in and it got stuck. When I tried to back it out, I snapped the bolt in half.... Had to replace the right rear knuckle, which thankfully wasn't too expensive or difficult.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I have to replace the left rear knuckle because the bolt broke off about an inch inside the knuckle. No way to get to it to remove it.
Knuckle price is now $350 plus the bearing $165 and end bolt.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
204 Posts
Do either of you know why that happened? Did the threads need to be cleaned/chased?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Do either of you know why that happened? Did the threads need to be cleaned/chased?
Nope, I figured it was user error and got some debris on the bolt or something, but if multiple users have had similar issues, I wonder if there is an issue with the threads in the knuckle being weak or something.

And the knuckle was 91$ from tasca when I ordered it in May '19 (p# G1FZ-5A968-A). You do not need a new bearing, unless yours is shot, but I did also order a new axle bolt and bolts for the bearing. A reverse torx socket is required to remove the 4 bolts holding in the wheel bearing, but then the bearing comes right out since thankfully it's not pressed in.

Reactions: morbid

·
Registered
Sept/2016
234 Posts
I run the pedders kit. No issues, not sure what you mean by adjustments though. Ride height adjustment is typical on most of these coilovers. Has adjustable top hats in front with the kit, but in order to adjust camber you need to hole saw your shock towers or- remove, adjust and re install.
Stiffness in the rear- there's a little dial on the strut you can reach from the wheel well. Fronts, same issue as camber. Adjust prior to installation or cut holes to pop the hood and be able to access the top hat. Cheers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As just mentioned in a separate thread about the same issue, believe it’s residue thread locker applied from factory. Recommend spraying a tonne of WD-40 inside the cavity, use a sharp picking tool to give it a good scrape, then blow it out with compressed air. Clean the bolt, reapply thread locker, line it up, and it should bolt up fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts