Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what the part number is. All I can find online is a catalog showing parts close to this one without actually knowing what the actual part number is. Any help would be appreciated.

This picture is taken of the passenger side. I'm looking for the driver side.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Agree, it is not obvious to me either. Have you tried talking with your local Ford dealer parts dept. to identify part and pn?

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
It’s the edge of the front undertray.

It should be mounted behind the bumper cover too.

Did you buy the car new and know it’s whole history? Judging from the additional screw added at the bottom I bet at some point it was reassembled wrong and dropped on the highway (speaking from experience here), tore the bumper cover hole at the edge and likely partially broke while dropping down/rubbing on the highway.

Anyways if that is the piece I’m thinking P/N is G1EZ-17808-A, it is a large one and it is expensive (was quoted 512$cad+Tx with a family friend rebate who works at ford for the part only when it dropped on the highway due to wrong re-assembly after either head gasket job or front bumper paint job). It’s 300$us on Tasca.

There is a thread about this part, will update if I find it. Here’s a few pictures of the part off the car.

Edit: here’s the thread about the front undertray tearing off: https://www.focusrs.org/#/topics/32569

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The part has been found. It turns out that it is a much bigger part than it looks. The full part number is G1EZ-17808-A.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree, it is not obvious to me either. Have you tried talking with your local Ford dealer parts dept. to identify part and pn?
They actually ordered the wrong part and then after myself and the ford guy studied part numbers and pictures we found it.

Part number G1EZ-17808-A

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s the edge of the front undertray.

It should be mounted behind the bumper cover too.

Did you buy the car new and know it’s whole history? Judging from the additional screw added at the bottom I bet at some point it was reassembled wrong and dropped on the highway (speaking from experience here), tore the bumper cover hole at the edge and likely partially broke while dropping down/rubbing on the highway.

Anyways if that is the piece I’m thinking P/N is G1EZ-17808-A, it is a large one and it is expensive (was quoted 512$cad+Tx with a family friend rebate who works at ford for the part only when it dropped on the highway due to wrong re-assembly after either head gasket job or front bumper paint job). It’s 300$us on Tasca.

There is a thread about this part, will update if I find it. Here’s a few pictures of the part off the car.

Edit: here’s the thread about the front undertray tearing off: https://www.focusrs.org/#/topics/32569
I got a new one ordered through ford after they first ordered the wrong part. I dont know the whole history, but also knew there was some front damage when I bought it. It appeared someone got a curb pretty good. No accident history found/reported. Is there any way you could post some better pictures with better lighting?

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I got a new one ordered through ford after they first ordered the wrong part. I dont know the whole history, but also knew there was some front damage when I bought it. It appeared someone got a curb pretty good. No accident history found/reported. Is there any way you could post some better pictures with better lighting?
I can take some when I swap my summers tires on later this week (I know I’m late on the summer tires).

What exactly do you need?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can take some when I swap my summers tires on later this week (I know I’m late on the summer tires).

What exactly do you need?
Basically exactly what you did just lighter to where all the fasteners are easily showing. This will help me a ton since I'm about to be installing this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts