Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to buy the correct part to replace the fuel pump controller module on my 2017 RS. According to tascaparts the correct part number is F1FZ-9D370-B. But the number written on the actual part is FIFA-9D370-GA.

Are these the same part? I recall that Ford do something funky like this with numbers.... is there a way to cross check?

Thanks.

PS pic of the actual part in the car.
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Fixture

·
Registered
2016 NB
179 Posts
That's okay, what you see printed on the part is called an engineering number.
The prefix usually means the car model, and F1EB-, F1ET-, F1CB- are typical for mk3 facelift Focus parts, and lots of mk3 RS specific parts marked as G1ET-, G1EY-, G1FR-, G1FY-.
But in the USDM parts catalogue the last letter of the prefix turns to Z, so F1FA becomes to F1FZ. In EUDM parts catalogue you'll get a 7-digit numeric FINIS part number instead (for your part it is 5336501)

The middle section means the type of the part and it should be always the same as the scheme callout, so 9D370 = 'Control Asy - Fuel Pump Drive'
Map Organism Font Line Parallel

As of the engineering number suffix (-GA on your picture), the first letter means the part subtype. The parts with different first letters are not always interchangeable (in example PDC module with -A* suffix support rear sensors only, and -B* ones support both rear&front sensors). The second letter of the suffix stands for a part revision/version. It is usually safe to replace -GA with -GB/-GC part.
And in USDM catalogue the suffix of part numbers usually has only 1 letter which stands for a part revision.

So from my point of view the F1FZ-9D370-B tasca part should perfectly fit instead of your original unit with FIFA-9D370-GA marking.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If you take the F1FA number to a dealer parts dept, they should be able to get the right F1FZ number for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts