Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

We had the pleasure building one of the very first RS Engines and have finally released pricing and builds for everyone's needs. Right now we have 2 options to offer our popular Stage 2 Build and Spec'd Build which we have had great success over on the 2.0 side.

Some of the options i wanted to touch base on.

Biggest one being the Block Bracing

We offer this service for many reasons. One there have been failures out there. Is it common? No. But seeing them we feel having you confident having the option for a extra piece of mind is the right thing to do. It is a must if you are looking at upgrading Head Studs on the 2.3 and We will only upgrade the studs with block bracing!

Core.

The core is a lot steeper on the 2.3 then the 2.0 and we are looking for options to get the price lower :)

Please do not hesitate to ask questions I will be more then happy to assist you

Below is a link to the Engines

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/collections/focus-rs/engine-blocks

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Second Picture is our new Spec-H Motor.

We are using 2.0 Block with 2.3 Head!

We will have it listed on the site next few weeks.

Currently have 3 of these out there running now more being built as we speak!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Second Picture is our new Spec-H Motor.

We are using 2.0 Block with 2.3 Head!

We will have it listed on the site next few weeks.

Currently have 3 of these out there running now more being built as we speak!
Nice work, Chris! What rod & piston are you using in the 2.0 stroker? Do you do head porting on the 2.3 head?

Jim

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work, Chris! What rod & piston are you using in the 2.0 stroker? Do you do head porting on the 2.3 head?

Jim
Depends on build and customer. But our go to combo is manley rods and pistons.

we do porting our Spec-H2 is our light ported head and cams.

then we have a Spech-H Race Spec full port bigger valves etc.

feel free shoot me a pm be happy discuss build options with you:)

Little more background about us.

Our engines are all built in house in our build room by myself and one other guy that has extensive background in engine assembly.
Both our john hancocks are on all assembly paperwork as we both sign off on tq checking and measuring. We put a 2 stage process in place to assure better accuracy leaving our facility. We have also teamed up with a machine shop that has been passed down 2 generations so far and has a very high reputation here in St. Louis. We wanted to find someone local that we could trust so we can keep an eye on the process we have worked together to put in place. Also We sit down and engineer new offerings and collect data before releasing to public. For instance our Spec-H is becoming very popular because we engineered a plug to modify the deck surface. Cost more money then other options we looked into but end result was much nicer offering and we felt it would hold more power then other options as well.

I have been certified through Mazda, BMW for Engine Repair and diagnosis. On top of that I went to Ranken High Performance School and Graduated top 3 of my class for engine building and tuning. I further my studies to this day online and in the classroom as well were i see fit.

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts