Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all’

just bought a new 2017 RS2 in grey and the rims are pretty dull and could use some TLC. Also the paint needs help. Would a good detail help? Any recommendations in the Tucson AZ area?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Looks like its covered in hard water spots. A regular wash probably won't remove those.

Reactions: Ccrook and Orimar

·
Registered
63 Posts
Any detailer can help you with that. My stealth grey was from CO and had a lot of hard water spots, I have a 20 something year old mobile detailer who has polished and ceramic coated 6 of my cars at this point. Any mobile detailer in your area will be able to address it for you for a couple hundred bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
The wheels look pretty rough. You might just look out for a nice replacement used set (turbines, or if you like them, the forged black spokes). They are usually pretty reasonably priced. Sometimes they even have good tires on them.

You can slap those on and still send yours out to get refinished, and still drive the car. Or sell yours for a few hundred and move on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What’d you end up doing? I have some spots I’d really like to get corrected as well.
I ended up getting a clay bar and wash and wax. It did the trick!

the rims were in very bad shape. They did good work, but not 100%. Id say 95%better on the rims.

the body of the car looks way better. I need to take pictures As it’s been sitting in my garage since the work was done.

I paid around $200 or so for it all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ended up getting a clay bar and wash and wax. It did the trick!

the rims were in very bad shape. They did good work, but not 100%. Id say 95%better on the rims.

the body of the car looks way better. I need to take pictures As it’s been sitting in my garage since the work was done.

I paid around $200 or so for it all.
Glad you got most of it taken care of. I've clay bared mine, just think it needs so more extensive work with a buffer of some sort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts