Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a couple small rock chips right where my roof and windshield meet. I've searched the threads but haven't found anything that covers what the paint code for the '18 roof is. Is it considered shadow black or is it another type of gloss black that Ford normally uses? Figured this would be the place to ask. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Any good panel shop should have a spectrometer. This tells them the exact colour and how to mix it.

It's called "Absolute Black Pearl" from memory....?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Not sure, I don't have a shark....... :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note, you could always get one painted in that colour?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolute Black Pearl G1/M7343
Awesome, thank you so much. I like Dr.Colorchip for small touch ups like this. Looking at their website, G1/M7343 is also called "Shadow Black" so looks like Absolute Black Peal and Shadow Black are interchangeable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome, thank you so much. I like Dr.Colorchip for small touch ups like this. Looking at their website, G1/M7343 is also called "Shadow Black" so looks like Absolute Black Peal and Shadow Black are interchangeable.
Good to know, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Odd that this color is described as a pearl. Even in direct sunlight, my roof looks like a pretty straight gloss black.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Mine doesn't.
I can see purple and tinges of blue through mine. Especially when it's clean and in the sun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts