Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First code on stock MY18 (Mountune V2x exhaust only). Same code last week and the dealership cleared it. Said maybe a glitch. Came on again yesterday during a very short burst of WOT. She's been sitting a lot more then usual and only take her out 2 days out of every 14 for some aggressive cruising. I've also been keeping the tank at 1/2 or less so as to not let the fuel sit too long in the tank.

Booked in for Monday at the dealership.

Purge valve?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The diagnosis is a fuel tank pressure sensor. On order for install this Friday. They told me to keep the fuel tank below 1/4.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
634 Posts
Well hopefully that’s it. A few people have had the purge valve fail / get stuck. I’ve heard from a Ford tech the purge valves on several Ford vehicles are notorious for failing.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah time will tell. The Dealership isn't even 5 minutes away so at least they're close for any ongoing issues. I mentioned the purge valve but guess that wasn't what they found during diagnostics. The purge valve will be next I'm sure.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cause of a repeat code in the below thread was also from the fuel tank pressure sensor (dealership diagnosed and replaced):

1 - 5 of 5 Posts