Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting this code...found a thread from three years ago that briefly discussed it, but (fortunately) my RS is not doing what the OP's did (not start). Aside from the occasional warning light (I was unable to select drive mode for a little while 2 or 3x this past week, and had a 'service engine now' message for about one second on start up once) it's not affecting anything that I can notice. About to track the car so we'll see how things go (not being able to select track mode would suck, but as I said so far the warning disappears even after very briefly shutting off and I can change modes again), just wondering if this code is something I need to be concerned about. Place I go for service hasn't been able to tell me anything, so far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Old thread: P08B2 code

And what the manual says:

P08AE Neutral Position

Sensor "B" Circuit
Range/Performance

Sets in the PCM when the PCM does not detect current through the gear
neutral position sensor and there are no other gear neutral position sensor
circuit Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) set.

P08AF Neutral Position

Sensor "B" Circuit
Low

Sets in the PCM when the PCM senses lower than expected voltage on the
gear neutral position sensor feedback circuit, indicating an open or a short
directly to ground.

P08B2 Neutral Position

Sensor "A"/"B"
Correlation

Sets in the PCM when the gear neutral position sensor "A" indicates a different
gear than gear neutral position sensor "B".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Getting this code...found a thread from three years ago that briefly discussed it, but (fortunately) my RS is not doing what the OP's did (not start). Aside from the occasional warning light (I was unable to select drive mode for a little while 2 or 3x this past week, and had a 'service engine now' message for about one second on start up once) it's not affecting anything that I can notice. About to track the car so we'll see how things go (not being able to select track mode would suck, but as I said so far the warning disappears even after very briefly shutting off and I can change modes again), just wondering if this code is something I need to be concerned about. Place I go for service hasn't been able to tell me anything, so far.
Im having the exact same symptoms! I have only changed two things and I’m guessing one or both is the culprit. 1. After my original battery died I went with the odyssey PC680 (the small battery and mount). I didn’t do this for a weight reduction as much as just wanted to free up space for wiring and such. After i did the swap, I didn’t to BSM reset (i had never heard of it) then I got several codes. After further reading, i tried the BSM reset. It cleared all codes except this code. 2. I did a neutral reset. (Placed in neutral, opened shift cable clip, pulled shifter to 4th, closed clip). Could this be the problem. Is there some sort of neutral switch/position sensor reset that I am not aware of? Anyone, any insight on resolving this code would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't done anything with it yet--a few other issues cropped up and that code doesn't seem to be doing anything right now. Will get to it soon...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts