Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all of you I am writing because I need your help as tuners and mechanics, I have years with this code and everything happened when I installed cobb stage 1 and Mambatek actuator without reprogramming, just use the map that contains COBB.
Ford Focus Rs mk3 2017 2.3 L
The car was running for months without any problem with these new attachments, one day that fault arrived and I could not solve it.
What are the consequences of using an actuator without reprogramming?
Try to fit the original actuator and return it to stock and it fails.
Change the turbo 3 times at the end you have 1 Hybrid turbo attached.
I send the map to a programmer and he sent the map already with the new wastegate mode.
the turbo has a Turbosmart 12psi brand actuator installed.
BOV GFB + deverter.
change all hoses and solenoids both are 2.
change sensors:
turbocharger boost pressure sensor
MAPT sensor
IAT sensor
Crankcase pressure sensor.

the signals and the voltages arrive correctly to all the sensors as well as to the selenoids.
check for air leaks and did not find any.
In the cobb PID the turboboost is in realenti is at - 6.20 psi and when accelerating it in 3 gear pedal to full it does not rise more than 8 psi sends failure and the vehicle remains in flaccid mode.
the turbo already removed it 3 times in that only if I am an expert.
I already did all the tests, does anyone have a suggestion?
I put the car back in stock with the original actuator and it keeps failing
install the map they customized for me with the turbosmart actuator and it keeps crashing
the actuator when inserting air begins to move at 15 psi, I place this air with the mytivac gun

I require some recommendation that another procedure, someone who can check my map, what is the factory preload, what else can I check!
please I'm already desperate
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[QUOTE = "Deano, publicación: 2151568, miembro: 3388"]
en la actualidad
[/CITA]

·
Registered
192 Posts
have your double/triple checked your boost hoses? typically its a boost leak as most have mentioned who have posted on this code.

try searching the forum Search results for query: p0299and doing some more reading on it.
maybe this will help: Airtec intercooler pipes with OEM intercooler - fitment...

side note:
I recently got a p0299 while on the cobb stage 1.. (completely stock at this point)
I checked all my pipes and made sure everything was well seated and no loose clamps. I checked for any damage to vacuum lines, NONE.. cleared the code, cleared KAM, started car, turned off car and removed the neg battery terminal (for a few days as I was installing catch cans, breather plate, short shifter plate and bushings). I double checked all hoses and connections, again, while I was under/in there. On start-up and since driving the boost is back to normal and no more code, so far.

An additional note, it was only making about 17 - 20psi for the first 20 or so minutes of driving, which is all I did that evening. But the next day everything was back to normal with 22 - 26psi, which is where it was before and what cobb states for stage1 tune.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
have your double/triple checked your boost hoses? typically its a boost leak as most have mentioned who have posted on this code.

try searching the forum Search results for query: p0299and doing some more reading on it.
maybe this will help: Airtec intercooler pipes with OEM intercooler - fitment...

side note:
I recently got a p0299 while on the cobb stage 1.. (completely stock at this point)
I checked all my pipes and made sure everything was well seated and no loose clamps. I checked for any damage to vacuum lines, NONE.. cleared the code, cleared KAM, started car, turned off car and removed the neg battery terminal (for a few days as I was installing catch cans, breather plate, short shifter plate and bushings). I double checked all hoses and connections, again, while I was under/in there. On start-up and since driving the boost is back to normal and no more code, so far.

An additional note, it was only making about 17 - 20psi for the first 20 or so minutes of driving, which is all I did that evening. But the next day everything was back to normal with 22 - 26psi, which is where it was before and what cobb states for stage1 tune.

Best of luck!
did the code ever come back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope it has not come back.
Interesting. I installed the Cobb stage 1 tune probably a week ago and that code popped up today as I was rolling on the throttle in 6th (didn’t need much acceleration, so didn’t want to downshift). Checked all my hoses and everything seems to be fine, got a new BPV last week and said might as well install it now. Just finished, cleared the code, and boost is back to normal. Hopefully it stays that way 🤞🏼🤞🏼

·
Registered
11 Posts
the problem persists, I bought a new turbo thinking that that was the solution but the fault remains does not rise more than 7 psi new turbo new selenoids new sensors new bof relief valve It is the only code that is still latent and installed several cobb maps and I returned it to stock and my fault is present I remember that one time playing races I exceeded 7000 rpms and I heard a whistling screech I don't know how to explain it after this, after a short time I got this failure

·
Premium Member
2016 SG RS2
278 Posts
I have been fighting that code as well. It only happens in 4th, 5th gear if your at 2k or so RPM and roll in the throttle. It happens as soon as it hits 3k. Have let it stay, restart the car and all is normal again, cleared code and ecu relearn. Replaced wastege solenoid a couple times and it would help for a little bit.

I checked everything and had a shop check everything. All is good as far as they can tell. Just had the car dynod again after switching the wastegate itself and balance shaft delete done.They couldn't duplicate it.

I have no idea why it happens at those rpm other the ecu may be trying to protect the car from LSPI. Just a thought not a sermon.(A quote from a local church commercial always makes me laugh when it comes up)

During the dyno session the tuner again couldn't find any issues.They did 23 pulls during the session trying to find it and make it happen.

I just avoid that RPM range and downshift when I am that low in the RPM range and everything has been fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
he replaced almost everything actuator discharge valve selenoid hoses sensors new turbo return the car to stock air leaks and if that happens in that Rpms range, although the tuner in the file sends that it does not send actuator failure, the turbo cannot give more than 7psi What will we do!!?? help !!

·
Registered
580 Posts
he replaced almost everything actuator discharge valve selenoid hoses sensors new turbo return the car to stock air leaks and if that happens in that Rpms range, although the tuner in the file sends that it does not send actuator failure, the turbo cannot give more than 7psi What will we do!!?? help !!
A boost leak? Whoever is working on your car doesn't give me much faith. Replacing the turbo first seems kinda ridiculous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 actuator is changed without reprogramming by installing mambatek 14 psi spring
2 functions for a couple of months without problem 3 fault code P0299
4 sins escapes
5 hoses and selenoids are changed
6 pressure sensors and MAF are changed
7 cobb intake breaks and damages turbo propeller
8 turbo repair is sent, hybridizes
9 the failure continues
10 another turbo is placed thinking that the one they hybridized did not work
11 the fault continues
12 a new original factory turbo is bought is placed and the failure continues
base and cobb air filter is installed original intake installed GFB deverter relief valve the tuner sends map where it does not detect the failure of the actuator for boost and actuator test but the turbo does not rise above 7 psi @Randy Tunewerks In a race over the RPM limit and only heard a screech, in a couple of months I failed. the car does not remove any type of smoke

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Mambatek = cheap Taiwanese garbage.
That would be my guess.

Why would you use that (Mambatek) when Turbosmart are proven to be top notch?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, it is already done, it was changed for a turbosmart and it was preloaded as in all the blogs and videos I suggest and even so with the turbosmart the failure persisted. Now it only has a new original factory turbo, with the original actuator it is no longer changed, only the GFB relief valve was installed but the fault is still present

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello again everyone I still have my problem, I decided to perform a compression test since the problem persists the results are 120 psi in each of the cylinders Can someone share with me what is the compression that this 2.3 engine should have Greetings

·
Premium Member
2016 SG RS2
278 Posts
I have seen a couple different ratios. Some people reporting 120 to 140 across all 4 cylinders. Which that is on the low side for ours I beleive.

I think last time I checked mine they were on the higher end of that 150 to 160 range. From what I have come across this should be the range for ours.

Should be about the same
Blog : Stratified Automotive Controls

1 - 15 of 15 Posts