Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was driving into work today when my RS started slowing down. I put my foot to the floorboard and nothing happened. It just kept slowing down.

I threw on my hazards and shut the car down while coasting and then started it up again. It didn't start right away; it took 3 presses of the start button for it to fire back up. It then drove normally the rest of the way to work.

These are the codes I received:

P025A - Fuel Pump Module A Control Circuit/Open
U0109 - Unknown (google says Lost Communication with Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM))

I have checked the following fuses and they look okay:

Engine Compartment: F30
Luggage Compartment: F21

I dumped 750ml of Methyl Hydrate in the tank with my last fill-up because it's been very wet here lately from the melting snow. Based on that I don't *think* I have condensation or water issues, but I guess it's possible.

Any other ideas about what could cause this?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
That sounds like a connection issue to the FP controller, unless the controller itself is failing.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This problem never went away, the car has been shutting down randomly since that day. Sometimes the car would completely freak out throwing all kinds of warnings on the instrument cluster and the EPAS would fail, sometimes it would just stop responding to throttle input.

Other symptoms include blown fuses on the interior lighting circuit, unresponsive driver door controls, "acute stress related underwear stains" in rush hour traffic, and Ford service departments charging to "troubleshoot" the problem with no solutions. In extreme cases it can also result in service departments cutting the power wires to your dashcam... for science.

I took it to multiple dealerships and they always found a way to blame me, my electronics, or some combination thereof. The issue was finally identified as an electrical short in the sun visor on December 3, 2020. It is not covered by Ford's "bumper to bumper" extended warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts