Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P0141 and P0446
Hey y’all, I just recently had these 2 codes come up on my 2016 RS. The car runs and drives fine. Only symptom I’ve noticed is that the idle is rough. I believe it is running rich. There is a CEL that is on. The car is running full-bolt ons currently. I tried to monitor my AFRs and it seems to me that when it is a cold start, the idle jumps up and down quite a lot. Sometimes going down to 12 and up to 16s.
Anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to fix this?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
P0141 and P0446
Hey y’all, I just recently had these 2 codes come up on my 2016 RS. The car runs and drives fine. Only symptom I’ve noticed is that the idle is rough. I believe it is running rich. There is a CEL that is on. The car is running full-bolt ons currently. I tried to monitor my AFRs and it seems to me that when it is a cold start, the idle jumps up and down quite a lot. Sometimes going down to 12 and up to 16s.
Anyone have any suggestions or advice on how to fix this?
Thanks!
Get a better tuner... ...?🐟

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
The first code suggests a problem with 02 sensor. If you have an aftermarket decat, downpipe, does it have a defouler for the first 02 sensor?
If not, it needs one.

Code P0446 means the car's computer has detected a problem with the EVAP system vent valve. The EVAP system is primarily composed of the gas tank, gas cap, vent valve, purge valve, and charcoal canister

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first code suggests a problem with 02 sensor. If you have an aftermarket decat, downpipe, does it have a defouler for the first 02 sensor?
If not, it needs one.

Code P0446 means the car's computer has detected a problem with the EVAP system vent valve. The EVAP system is primarily composed of the gas tank, gas cap, vent valve, purge valve, and charcoal canister
I recently installed a catless down pipe,I didn’t my know a deflouler was required for these cars. Do you have any suggestions on which one to get?

I having a hard time figuring out which part of the evap system isn’t working. Everything seems fine. If you got any suggestions on which part it might be, please let me know!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I recently installed a catless down pipe,I didn’t my know a deflouler was required for these cars. Do you have any suggestions on which one to get?

I having a hard time figuring out which part of the evap system isn’t working. Everything seems fine. If you got any suggestions on which part it might be, please let me know!
You need a j shaped one.. .like this....

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
And my mistake, it goes in the rear o2 sensor, not the front one.
Automotive exhaust Gas Human leg Metal Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just changed the purge valve. Haven’t touched the o2 yet. But the codes still remain. Both the evap and o2 code. Anyone have any clue what it might be?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just changed the purge valve. Haven’t touched the o2 yet. But the codes still remain. Both the evap and o2 code. Anyone have any clue what it might be?
How did you clear the codes?

·
Registered
117 Posts
And my mistake, it goes in the rear o2 sensor, not the front one.
View attachment 355757
what defouler is that? got a link handy? I read somewhere on here the vibrant j style doesn't work with the scorpion dp, is that why you chose this one? I see hank used the vibrant j-style seemingly with out issue.

just curious overall.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
what defouler is that? got a link handy? I read somewhere on here the vibrant j style doesn't work with the scorpion dp, is that why you chose this one? I see hank used the vibrant j-style seemingly with out issue.

just curious overall.
I bought mine over here, was about $30
I got it from local exhaust shop.

Reactions: FU3LD
1 - 13 of 13 Posts