Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 9-speakers setup, as shown on the Ford Oz brochure, includes the boot mounted subwoofer Ford_Focus_RS_151.jpg

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I message Ford AU (via FB)...

"the RS team tells us the RS will have the same sound system as the current LZ Focus ST (which includes a subwoofer, but not in the boot). Click here to find out more about ST: http://www.ford.com.au/cars/focus-st"

anyone know where this magical, mythical sub woofer is?

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
My 2013 FoST with Sony upgrade is located in the boot, above the boot platform, unlike the RS photo. Maybe they meant to say under the boot platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
My 2013 FoST with Sony upgrade is located in the boot, above the boot platform, unlike the RS photo. Maybe they meant to say under the boot platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think another trip to the dealer is called for (to check out the setup in the LZ STs)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Im thinking
Get rid of crap factory sub
Get rid of polystrine tool holder place pump and other stuff under passager seat
Get a good quality Sub installed in the boot wall Like EVO X
Now my boot is 25% bigger and less weight

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I can confirm that the Australian RS does not have a sub-woofer. It has the same polystyrene mould in the boot but with very little in it. Just the tyre repair components all two of them and the tow hook. Where the sub-woofer belongs in the U.S. it's an empty void that would make a good spot for a casserole dish. Other than that, all that foam pretty well jacks up the boot floor. So ditch it and voila we have a deeper boot and knocked off one of the common criticisms of the RS......

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lack of the sub in the boot is a good thing since it allows you to...

Focus RS_2016_spare tyre.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Nauli,
Is that a standard Focus 2016 space saver? I will need to get one as well, as where i live i would not want to rely on pack supplied.
li;343538]Lack of the sub in the boot is a good thing since it allows you to...

View attachment 39418 [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hi Nauli,
Is that a standard Focus 2016 space saver? I will need to get one as well, as where i live i would not want to rely on pack supplied.
li;343538]Lack of the sub in the boot is a good thing since it allows you to...

View attachment 39418
[/QUOTE]

Mate it's actually a standard XR5 Turbo space saver....I bought it a few years ago when I had my Mk2 RS and kept it for the Mk3. I'm not sure how it compares to a standard Focus spare...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mate it's actually a standard XR5 Turbo space saver....I bought it a few years ago when I had my Mk2 RS and kept it for the Mk3. I'm not sure how it compares to a standard Focus spare...[/QUOTE]

Will it clear the brake calipers front and rear?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Mate it's actually a standard XR5 Turbo space saver....I bought it a few years ago when I had my Mk2 RS and kept it for the Mk3. I'm not sure how it compares to a standard Focus spare...
Will it clear the brake calipers front and rear?[/QUOTE]
It clears the rear but I doubt the front....however, a space saver should really only be used on the rear anyway ......if you jack the car up on one side it lifts front + rear so you can shuffle wheels.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Will it clear the brake calipers front and rear?
It clears the rear but I doubt the front....however, a space saver should really only be used on the rear anyway ......if you jack the car up on one side it lifts front + rear so you can shuffle wheels.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Sounds like a good thing to have for peice of mind. I will put one in the back of mine. Cheers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Nauli,

definately be getting me one of those, thanks for info much appreciated.
Mate it's actually a standard XR5 Turbo space saver....I bought it a few years ago when I had my Mk2 RS and kept it for the Mk3. I'm not sure how it compares to a standard Focus spare...[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
35 Participants
Bensville
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing