Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
  • used a lathe to trim down my endlinks to match the sock size.
  • Replaced the passenger side PTU seal (new seal version) as the old one was leaking
  • Started my WMI install. 80% wired also welded a bung for the AEM nozzle

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I have been traveling a lot for work lately and havent had much time to work on my car.

WMI is 80% complete. I just need to run everything through the firewall, Install guardian angel, Flow sensor and selenoid. Pic below is how the truck is done up, it sits roughly 1/2" higher than the trunk sill, but i'm not too worried. Will install sub and amp at a later date.

I also got my new 265/35 Cup 2s mounted.

Hoping to finish WMI, install Cams, HG, Studs, pistons, connecting arms, Mountune oil pump, BS delete, Intake manifold and BBK TB in two weeks. wish me luck!

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
348 Posts
If you ever plan to drag race it, you might need the battery in a vented box. At least in the US, NHRA rules require that... even if it's in a separated trunk.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
@Hank

Thank you for your Forscan walk though! got my TPMS turned off (went with Volk's stems) and the fogs on with high beams!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
For some reason it wouldn't start this morning. No idea where to start looking for the issue!

My buddy who is helping me through this build and i got our dates mixed up. He works night and spent 12 hours last night disasembling the motor and prepping everything for install while i slept! pretty great friend! everything is balanced and ready for install!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Almost back together. bottom end is in, top end is 90%. Also added a turbo blanket and wrapped my DP because they were east to get to. Also installed the Mountune Radiator.

My buddy was hard at work porting the head while i installed the easy parts. should be some good gains here:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
As an FYI to anyone going in this deep, the Supertech valve seals do fit the RS. All measurements were taken and are a match to the stock ones.

VSI-FEC20-E 5.5mm EXHAUST valve stem seal
VSI-FEC20-I 5.5mm INTAKE valve stem seal

Edit: I also went with the Mountune HG over the JE version. Unfortunately i didnt get pictures prior to install. The JE looked similar to the original OE one that was prone to failure.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
18hr day, but she's 97% complete. Started right away, just having a coolant temp issue. On immediate start up I get max coolant temp and warnings, probably a sensor unplugged somewhere.

Just have to finish the programming on the AEM WMI failsafe and a few other little things and she's done. Finally!

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Update:

Dyno completed, results below showing with and without WMI mixed at 50/50 by weight.
Turbo is only making around 22psi now as the flow for the motor is greatly improved. Am looking at turbo options, but love how soon the torque kicks in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Turbo is only making around 22psi now as the flow for the motor is greatly improved. Am looking at turbo options, but love how soon the torque kicks in.
Easy!!!!
EFR 7163 Custom twin scroll Manifold, V-band conversion on the DP....

Or Easier
The precision NX2 turbo bolt in replacement.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts