Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
One more question for the group, i wasn't going to do any of the installs myself, but am thinking i just may save myself some cash and do so.

Question is, if i install an intake, IC, IC piping, recirc valve and spark plugs, am i still able to drive for some time without a tune? Or would this require a tune immediately afterwards?
No tune needed, US cars are car SD/Map based from the factory. That being said you will gain the most benefit from the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No tune needed, US cars are car SD/Map based from the factory. That being said you will gain the most benefit from the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it will be tuned, just looking to install the parts a week prior to tune to save on shop labour costs.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Can anyone help recommend a WG actuator? i see 3 different versions of the turbosmart (12 psi, Mountune 14 psi and the Tune+ version).

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Orders are in.
COBB intercooler with piping
ETS intake
Turbosmart Wastegate
Boomba recirculation valve
NGK 1 step cooler plugs
Scorpion catted down pipe
Remus Exhaust

Will be going with a stratified tune and dyno tune when their dyno is up a going this summer. Also ordered some Quickjacks to help get the job done.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Orders are in.
COBB intercooler with piping
ETS intake
Turbosmart Wastegate
Boomba recirculation valve
NGK 1 step cooler plugs
Scorpion catted down pipe
Remus Exhaust

Will be going with a stratified tune and dyno tune when their dyno is up a going this summer. Also ordered some Quickjacks to help get the job done.
Sounds like a nice starter pack! Aside from the VelossaTech Big Mouth and a few different brands, that's exactly what I just had installed and tuned for on mine power-wise.

You will absolutely love it. It's a little rocketship now. Takes the hot-hatch to a new level.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Are you going to Langley Cars and Coffee May 19 @ Cineplex Colossus? I'm running bolt-ons and a Stratified pro-tune if you want to check out performance.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Finally all completed. Stratified got their Dyno up and running so i had their dyno tune on monday running 92 pump. Very happy with the results, although i am looking to run WMI now... 347hp and 422tq on a mustang dyno.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Very dirty car, but test fitted my new TE37s with 265/35 Pilot 4S. Good thing I've ordered Andersons front fenders, but the rears are damn close to.

For the rears, do i add more camber (currently at -2.4) or roll the fenders a bit?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Neither. How about wheels with the correct offset for 265 tires? Others here have run 265's without rub issues haven't they?

Ciao

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My new goal is to push as much power out of this without upgrading the turbo and trying to further increase throttle response. I have put quite a list together and will have a busy time installing when everything comes in:
  • 5 gallon WMI with AEM pressure fail safe and Stratified Guardian Angel
  • 65mm BBK Throttle body
  • Turbo tech racing intake manifold
  • Piper BP270 cams
  • Supertech springs
  • Xclutch twin sprung organic clutch with flywheel
  • Wavetrac LSD
  • Carbon Syncros
  • Mountune balance shaft delete
  • All 3 diff inserts
  • PTU brace
  • Drive Shaft Shop front axles (one CV is toast)

Side note, Raptor Racing will be running a small group buy on the Piper cams (need at least 5 orders) to get a better rate. Hope some other are interested as well.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
One more question for the group, i wasn't going to do any of the installs myself, but am thinking i just may save myself some cash and do so.

Question is, if i install an intake, IC, IC piping, recirc valve and spark plugs, am i still able to drive for some time without a tune? Or would this require a tune immediately afterwards?
None of those mods require a tune. I've been running them for like with stock tune for like 25k miles with no issues. Even had them on when the dealer did the HG repair.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So i have started to collect parts with many still incoming:

Ready to install:
- AEM WMI V2 (3g tank), with pressure failsafe, solenoid and filter. Welding in a bung prior to TB
- Custom under rear mat mount with battery re-location
  • BBK Throttle Body with Damond adapter wiring harness
  • Turbo Tech Racing intake manifold (with new seals)
  • Rear Diff bushings
  • PTU Brace
  • Xclutch twin sprung organic clutch
  • Transmission Countershaft Bearing
  • Mountune Balance shaft delete
  • Hardrace outer tie rods
  • Trans, PTU, RDU and amsoil break in oil
  • 5 gallons of VP Fuels Methanol to mix

Incoming:
  • Piper BP270 Cams
  • Supertech valvespring kit
  • Waetrac LSD
  • Syncrotech carbon syncros
  • Driveshaft shop front axles
  • Clutchmaster braided clutch line
  • H&R F&R sway bars with massive end links
  • Stratified Guardian Angel

Install starts in a couple weeks, trying to time around summer fuel change in BC (for tuning)

21 - 40 of 81 Posts