Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
His money, his car. Good call on the $4k Maserati, I'd drive it like I stole it! Great deal. I'm sure you'll enjoy the change of pace while doing the school thing, there's nothing worse than driving a boring car when trying to blow off some steam after a tough day at school during midterm/finals week.

It's the right choice for your family. I still think you'll be back in a few years!

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
Yeah, we wont see those kind of deal on hail damage here in Cali.

I was jealous when you picked up the Abarth... Now a Maserati?! for $4,000 no less!

Balla!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sold the Abarth a few days after the RS, price was right; $5k. Was planning on going car-less for several more months; work is remote into 2021 and classes are most likely going to revert back to online. Went car-less for a few weeks until a friend sent me a shady cars.com listing for a Maserati. It was 1 picture of this car, none of the info was filled out correctly (was listed as a Manual v12 FWD car...) I messaged the seller, said I'd agree to $6k if the car was solid based on a PPI at a maserati dealer and she said ok. I scheduled the PPI, then she sort of got cold feet about driving the car to the Maserati dealer (car hadn't been registered in a few months as she won it in a divorce and didn't get the title for a few months). So I said fine, you're really close, I'll do $4k, cash, skip the PPI. She said ok, I went, it started, I drove it home. At that price, I felt like I could at a bare minimum, get $4-5K out of the car if it needed a lot of work, or I can put around $5k into it (that's how much the clutch costs, with labor), and tires, then drive it for a few months and sell it for $12-15k. In decent shape, they're only worth about $20k.

Is it an RS, no, is it as fast as an RS, no. But it's a a 390 HP ferrari engine that my wife can drive that I paid less than what I sold my Abarth for. Should be pretty stout and reliable as it has a good history up until a few months ago with regular service (car got hailed on when sitting a few months ago, and it being Aluminum, is a pricey hail fix.) Some other issues like I need to put the wiper assembly back together. But I'm willing to put 2-3-4k into it, tires, drive it for a few months, then trade it in for something and hopefully make a few bucks. Sucks, I bought it a day before a long road trip, so I haven't been able to wash it and start taking stock of what it needs and what I can start doing.

My dad actually had a Spyder back in 2002. He had bought it new as a place holder in between some other cars. I always liked it; I was maybe 15? So having the chance to own that same car nearly 20 years later is pretty cool.

Anyone want to trade for an RS?!?! I'll add $15k!

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
Man! If I knew you were selling the Abarth.

Sounds like financially on the cars you're making some profit.

Reactions: Bushy86

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sold the Abarth a few days after the RS, price was right; $5k. Was planning on going car-less for several more months; work is remote into 2021 and classes are most likely going to revert back to online. Went car-less for a few weeks until a friend sent me a shady cars.com listing for a Maserati. It was 1 picture of this car, none of the info was filled out correctly (was listed as a Manual v12 FWD car...) I messaged the seller, said I'd agree to $6k if the car was solid based on a PPI at a maserati dealer and she said ok. I scheduled the PPI, then she sort of got cold feet about driving the car to the Maserati dealer (car hadn't been registered in a few months as she won it in a divorce and didn't get the title for a few months). So I said fine, you're really close, I'll do $4k, cash, skip the PPI. She said ok, I went, it started, I drove it home. At that price, I felt like I could at a bare minimum, get $4-5K out of the car if it needed a lot of work, or I can put around $5k into it (that's how much the clutch costs, with labor), and tires, then drive it for a few months and sell it for $12-15k. In decent shape, they're only worth about $20k.

Is it an RS, no, is it as fast as an RS, no. But it's a a 390 HP ferrari engine that my wife can drive that I paid less than what I sold my Abarth for. Should be pretty stout and reliable as it has a good history up until a few months ago with regular service (car got hailed on when sitting a few months ago, and it being Aluminum, is a pricey hail fix.) Some other issues like I need to put the wiper assembly back together. But I'm willing to put 2-3-4k into it, tires, drive it for a few months, then trade it in for something and hopefully make a few bucks. Sucks, I bought it a day before a long road trip, so I haven't been able to wash it and start taking stock of what it needs and what I can start doing.

My dad actually had a Spyder back in 2002. He had bought it new as a place holder in between some other cars. I always liked it; I was maybe 15? So having the chance to own that same car nearly 20 years later is pretty cool.

Anyone want to trade for an RS?!?! I'll add $15k!
You bought the Maserati from @PokerRun388 ?! Maybe he/she IS real!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Banned
589 Posts
Lol, that guy still lurking?! If I buy my 2nd RS before he buys his...

I’m not going to overpay for a used vehicle. These dealerships aren’t going to boss me around. My price will start with a ‘2’ or I walk.... You loose 15-20% the minute you drive it off of the lot & 40-50% by the time the 3/36 is up. And these dealers want to sell 2-3yo cars at MSRP? It’s nonsense.... if a dealer wants to make a deal, then we can talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I’m not going to overpay for a used vehicle. These dealerships aren’t going to boss me around. My price will start with a ‘2’ or I walk.... You loose 15-20% the minute you drive it off of the lot & 40-50% by the time the 3/36 is up. And these dealers want to sell 2-3yo cars at MSRP? It’s nonsense.... if a dealer wants to make a deal, then we can talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not this car, clearly.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm staying out of this. Halo car prices will come down eventually. Hopefully in a year, when I finish my degree, debt free. And can buy another RS, and a GT350R.

Like I said, I was being offered $26-28k on trade in late 2019/pre-Covid. I was offered $33k for it in July.

Anywayyyyyy. Me and my Maserati are going to go break down somewhere and have a $4k repair bill. :p

21 - 31 of 31 Posts