Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very sad day indeed as my RS is no longer my RS, and headed to a very nice gentleman in Northern Georgia.

I loved this car dearly along with the community here, so figured I'd take a minute to say "See ya later!" I even shed some tears today. :'(

At the end of the day, the timing was right as my wife is in the midst of a career change and I am in grad school about to make a career change. Cut our car payments in half along with our insurance, and put a nice check in the bank.

One day, maybe I will find another RS and make a return. Would actually love to get my hands on a 16/17 to modify and track, but I'm a few years away from being able to do that.

2/24/18: the day I trade my 2017 WRX in for the RS

And here's who I am standing next to the car for the last time, 8/11/2020. I realized in 2.5 years, I never got a picture of me with the car, so I dragged my wife outside to get one. Her eye roll was epic. Never actually been sad to see a car go, but when you love something and it somewhat defines you, I guess it's ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
☕ mad regrets coming soon...................................

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Does the guy from Georgia know you vaped in his RS? LOL. Just kidding. Seriously, regrets in 3...2...1...

Good luck to you and your wife in your future careers and getting back behind the wheel of a RS.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sure, you'll probably bummed for a few days, but money in the bank, more education and finding a better career path will always surpass that satisfaction.

What car did you end up with as a replacement? A fun rad one I hope.

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
I hope to still see you around here as owning an RS will still be a part of you.

Stay healthy and safe, hopefully we still see you here.

Reactions: Bushy86

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sad to see you go!! Glad you had a memorable time with the RS. It’s really a one of a kind experience. Best wishes on the new chapters ahead!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! Oh yea, already have the regrets. Lots of them. I'm glad I took it for one last spin up to the mountains Sunday night, but that definitely made it hard to part with. This car is SO GOOD when used correctly; carving up back roads.

We bought a 4Runner TRD Off Road about a year ago. Needed something bigger than the Rav4 and because Colorado... And I bought a Fiat 500 Abarth for $5k back in January to commute, do errands, etc. Would have loved to keep it in the garage as a toy, but between insurance and the actual payment, I'm saving almost $1k/mo. It's the difference between taking out student loans, or not. So I'll drive that until it dies, which could be tomorrow or in 30k miles. Or the AC will go, and I'll sell it in the winter. :p

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanks all! Oh yea, already have the regrets. Lots of them. I'm glad I took it for one last spin up to the mountains Sunday night, but that definitely made it hard to part with. This car is SO GOOD when used correctly; carving up back roads.

We bought a 4Runner TRD Off Road about a year ago. Needed something bigger than the Rav4 and because Colorado... And I bought a Fiat 500 Abarth for $5k back in January to commute, do errands, etc. Would have loved to keep it in the garage as a toy, but between insurance and the actual payment, I'm saving almost $1k/mo. It's the difference between taking out student loans, or not. So I'll drive that until it dies, which could be tomorrow or in 30k miles. Or the AC will go, and I'll sell it in the winter. :p
Oooh, 4runner TRD is good! Almost went that route for the family hauler but the wife wanted something more "elegant" so we ended up with a CX9. Having no student loans is a HUGE one. I myself decided to work thru out college to avoid this and I'm really glad I did. I still have some friends who are still making payments on their student loans almost 15 yrs after we've graduated.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We love our runner, and so does our 85lb Bernese Mtn Dog pup. It's far from an elegant vehicle! I need to find some rocks or something!

If my father in law is driving his 2011 911 GT3 RS at 78, you can definitely be driving an RS into your 90s! I had a Corolla rental car 2 weeks ago, and I swear, it was so low, I was falling into the damn car!

Still paying for my undergrad... and I'm 32. Went on a 5 year plan like 18mo ago. Should probably up those payments, but my rate is pretty low. Hoping to not take out loans again, but if I do, they won't be more than $10k. That way, when I graduate, GTFO of my current crap job and get a sweet new shiny data job, I can by another RS AND a GT350R! And a Bronco Raptor...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Always sad to see someone give up something which they enjoy so much. It is just a car, a material object but when driver and machine become one there's not too many life experiences that meet that feeling. Thank-you for being a part of the RS community. Good luck to you sir.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
114 Posts
So sad, there's not a car on the road quite like it. At least I can imagine the new owner seeing that roll up on the trailer though, when mine arrived I was freaking out. I'm glad mine is a lemon, I'm stuck with it for life lol!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You'll be back. It's good that you're making the right choices now, you'll be much better off in the end because of them.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haven't found anything yet; been across the board. Everything from powerful sedans to sports cars. Stuff is obviously faster, but nothing feels the same. RS3 was the best feeling car, but $$$ and not manual.

This is the car that's gotten me most excited though...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Haven't found anything yet; been across the board. Everything from powerful sedans to sports cars. Stuff is obviously faster, but nothing feels the same. RS3 was the best feeling car, but $$$ and not manual.

This is the car that's gotten me most excited though...
Just watched the episode of “Up To Speed” on the panjero evolution. These things are amazing.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol, it didn't take too long to find a new car, but look what I just bought for $4k. Yes, $4,000. That's $500/Ferrari cylinder....

:p

Ok ok ok. It's a little rough. Hail damage, needs tires, but will be fun to carve some corners and do some pulls in. Not as fun as the RS in the twisties, but hey! Look at me! In a maserati!

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
Jesus @Bushy86 , another hail damage?!

I bet it's mechanically sound!

Don't you have the Abarth?!

·
Banned
589 Posts
That’s an interesting choice for 4K? I figured after you sold the ‘18 NB LE that you’d spend the 4K on an older Civic or Corolla, drive the heck out of it & still get 35mpg. I hope that’s going to be reliable car long-term, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts