·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I’m in final phase of production a nice mod. Little OBD dongle which:

- automatically choose different Drive Mode than Normal at startup,
- automatically switch off Auto Start Stop function at startup,
- automatically switch on Launch Control if car is not in the move and RPMs exceeded 4000,

It will be Ford service transparent system because it is working like a simulator of “virtual” pushes of the buttons. Nothing is going to be changed and stored in ECU. So, just remove dongle before service and you have OEM system back without any traces of dongle being installed and working.

The last thing which I would like to change and I’m asking you for help is a changing detection method of engine running. Now is:

- IF engine speed and rpm value > 0 THEN engine is running

Instead of this I would like to use PID: PWR_MODE_KEY like this:

- IF PWR_MODE_KEY value = running THEN engine is running

The problem is that I know PID PWR_MODE_KEY exists and working (in Forscan for example) but I don’t have a CAN bus data for this PID.

Could anyone help me with this, please.

Thanks in advance.
Tomek

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hello,

- automatically switch on Launch Control if car is not in the move and RPMs exceeded 4000,

It will be Ford service transparent system because it is working like a simulator of “virtual” pushes of the buttons. Nothing is going to be changed and stored in ECU. So, just remove dongle before service and you have OEM system back without any traces of dongle being installed and working.

The last thing which I would like to change and I’m asking you for help is a changing detection method of engine running. Now is:

The problem is that I know PID PWR_MODE_KEY exists and working (in Forscan for example) but I don’t have a CAN bus data for this PID.

Thanks in advance.
Tomek
Sounds like a fun project. If you could put a button on it to be ran near the driver for LC that would be cool too.

I don't remember seeing a pid for key on when messing around with torque. Not saying its not there. Why not use the engine run timer? Do something like
IF eng_run_timer > 0 then engine running. The PID is known and standard across OBD2 vehicles. That or email the FORScan guys for the pid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Tomek
Hi, I'm interested in doing a similar mod for my F150, but this is my first time working with OBD-II interface. How did you find PIDS for Drive Mode and Auto Start/Stop? Sorry to respond to a question with a question, but any clues would be most appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I'm interested in doing a similar mod for my F150, but this is my first time working with OBD-II interface. How did you find PIDS for Drive Mode and Auto Start/Stop? Sorry to respond to a question with a question, but any clues would be most appreciated!

Thanks
I Googled them ��

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is nice, will you release the code for the dongle or sell them? Certainly is a nice option to have and something they cant deny warranty claims over

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are going to public part of the code if someone help us to find Drive Mode states and steering wheel arrows HS CAN signals (not MS CAN).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Working on it. As I wrote - we are looking for Drive Mode states. Steering wheel arrows signals (over HS Can) are much welcome too. Any contributors?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I wish I had more info to assist with that. Would be really nice to sim the left OK button to so that drive mode selection is a little faster. If using sport having option so set TCS to sport too would be great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What kind of info do you need? All needs have been written:

- Drive Mode states
- HS CAN signals for steering wheel arrows and OK button.

·
Registered
965 Posts
What kind of info do you need? All needs have been written:

- Drive Mode states
- HS CAN signals for steering wheel arrows and OK button.
Any update? This could be a super useful toy.
Not sure if you saw this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oumkq83oMC7sUsSIggGv-BK4hmQbXqV5Lp1j2pPncLE/edit#gid=0

If your device could monitor the CAN bus for certain things (like, say rear fogs or high beams) and operate a relay when it sees that you already have at least one sale right here!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Working on it. As I wrote - we are looking for Drive Mode states. Steering wheel arrows signals (over HS Can) are much welcome too. Any contributors?
Looks like the drive modes are at line 53 of that spreadsheet:
CAN IDExample MessageRefresh RateDiscovered ContentsNotes
420420 8 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 C4600msRS Drive Mode, requested steering effortgauge cluster? Normal=10c4, sport=11cc, drift=12c4, last bit is sport shocks. Launch Control Status: 0x420 B7b2 (Bit 53) 1 is active
gauge cluster? Normal=10c4, sport=11cc, drift=12c4, last bit is sport shocks. Launch Control Status: 0x420 B7b2 (Bit 53) 1 is active

Is this what you needed?

·
Registered
106 Posts
What's the procedure to read the ODB2 and dump it,
what hardware and software are people using?

I've been digging around in the FORScan software with an ELM327 dongle.
Are people using custom hardware and code, or is there something else off the shelf that people are using?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for your feedback but we know all linformations listed by you. Still stuck on how to check what drive mode is active.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
What's the procedure to read the ODB2 and dump it,
what hardware and software are people using?

I've been digging around in the FORScan software with an ELM327 dongle.
Are people using custom hardware and code, or is there something else off the shelf that people are using?
There is some good info in this thread about how people are dumping / decoding CAN messages. Doesn't seem like there is much of an off the shelf solution though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
a2hill
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing