Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 973 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! Seeing how there seams to be a strong ownership interest maybe we should start to form a "who's-who" list here. So once orders start to arrive we can form a gathering? Also as info or available allocations are know of can be posted here too as to support other who want an RS.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Checking in from Tacoma. My backup dealership has a frozen white RS2 with forged wheels reserved for me. Just looking for someone closer to get me MSRP and guarantee me a first run car.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Checking in from Bellevue. No luck yet at MSRP, but I'm on dealers list. I'm in no rush to get one if I can't get it at MSRP.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Vancouver, WA here. Have deposit down on a Stealth Gray RS with forged wheels and RS2 package. Buying from Mike Naughton Ford in Aurora, CO.

BTW, I was in contact with over 10 dealers in WA and OR, with no luck at all on an ALLOTED car at MSRP. Had dealers who would put in a retail order for MSRP, but all the dealers who had allocations wanted between $5,000 and $10,000 ADM.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
In portland here. Not buying first year run so it will be a while before I get mine. Really hoping that they bring out the RS500 for 2017 and I'll be all over that like a cheap hooker.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checking in from Bellevue. No luck yet at MSRP, but I'm on dealers list. I'm in no rush to get one if I can't get it at MSRP.
Angkorian- I see your avatar is of a A-10. Were you/are you a hog jockey? As for RS availability if I here of anything that is reasonable in the NW states I will post here. Even the dealer I got mine from is now going to ask 3k for any they get here after.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Angkorian- I see your avatar is of a A-10. Were you/are you a hog jockey? As for RS availability if I here of anything that is reasonable in the NW states I will post here. Even the dealer I got mine from is now going to ask 3k for any they get here after.
No, I just like the way it looks and the fire power that comes with it. Yes let me know if you hear any dealer that willing to give me a good deal on one. I'm still having fun with my dd Focus ST2 and my wknd 03 cobra Terminator so I'm in no rush to get one unless I can get a good deal on one.
Thanks Supertank.. ;)h and you know what an A-10 can do to a tank, Right? jk:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is supertank. Otherwise known as Tank. He is my sidekick and comes to work with me everyday. He was originally named Ranger. My wife did not care for that name for it reminders her of some dark days when I was in the army. However, two of my best friends were hog jockeys. We met after a debrief from a called in a air strike on a high value target. That was many moons ago and we never lost contact after that. One of the two boys past away last year and the other hog jockey is now a 787 pilot. A-10's saved my life and my men not once but three times.

IMG_0289.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Also checking in from Bellevue, third in line at the dealership with $500 refundable deposit paying only MSRP
Poulsbo here. To be so lucky! I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a deal like that. But I'm not going to pay markup, so I guess I can wait.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Actually from CA, just south of the OR border. I posted about how hard it was to find a west coast car with reasonable ADM, most stating 5-10k over. Finally found an OR dealer that would do $1500 over, but that took dozens of calls. Have a 1k deposit down and order goes in Monday! Sadly they only were allocated one car though.

Now I am pulling my hair out trying to decide on gray or black before Monday...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
This is supertank. Otherwise known as Tank. He is my sidekick and comes to work with me everyday. He was originally named Ranger. My wife did not care for that name for it reminders her of some dark days when I was in the army. However, two of my best friends were hog jockeys. We met after a debrief from a called in a air strike on a high value target. That was many moons ago and we never lost contact after that. One of the two boys past away last year and the other hog jockey is now a 787 pilot. A-10's saved my life and my men not once but three times.

View attachment 1520
Tank is awesome... and, thanks for your service!!

·
Registered
33 Posts

Yes.. thank you so much for your service and the men that served with you. I hope you understand I meant no harm toward you or your buddy Tank, I'm just being sarcastic regarding what an A-10 is capable of. If I don't get my RS sometime next year I hope one day we cross path and you will give me a ride in your new RS.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys I wasn't fishing for accolades. I hope I wasn't coming off that way. I was just explaining the Tank in word supertank. More so, I don't promote nor sell the past. I am at peace with "it is what it is" and I never want my kids to know what the real world is like as I know it to be.I only want them to be proud to be an American and not take that for granted. As for the A-10 Angkorian I am glad you know what they are capable of. It makes me smile, grateful and humble when I see those things. I see them in a slightly different way then most, and I am glad most don't know what they can do.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
When everybody has their RS I'm thinking a car meet camp trip somewhere central. I use to do that a lot with the datsun club and it was always such a good time my wife even enjoyed it. image.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Portland-area here. Deposit down at a local dealer on Nitrous w/ forged wheels/Pilot cups, RS package. I'm told they are allocated 5 cars. Bad news is that they're asking $5k over MSRP and I could not argue them off of that.
2013 STI 5-door available if interested :)

-jeff

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Portland-area here. Deposit down at a local dealer on Nitrous w/ forged wheels/Pilot cups, RS package. I'm told they are allocated 5 cars. Bad news is that they're asking $5k over MSRP and I could not argue them off of that.
2013 STI 5-door available if interested :)
-jeff
Yup, they're pretty damn ADM happy around here. Pretty sure they had a regional pow wow on that. The ones that don't have an ADM seem to be the ones with no allocation. ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
When everybody has their RS I'm thinking a car meet camp trip somewhere central. I use to do that a lot with the datsun club and it was always such a good time my wife even enjoyed it.
As long as there's a 4 or 5 star hotel near. Homey's too old, and the body's way too broken for camping! >;-)

When I was really involved with the Audi TT group, we used to have events on the East and West coast annually, amongst a bunch of other events. People drove from all over the place. A buddy and I drove from Portland to Lake Canandagua in 2003.

In 2002 we had what I think was our largest get together in Ashville NC. Did the Tail of the Dragon, etc... We had 137 cars, and a bunch more people. My liver is still in recovery mode from that event.
P5030088-vi.jpg

Hell, even the people that couldn't make the trip drank at that one.
P5040267-vi.jpg

Good times...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah well I'm in the Alfa club and they do the econo lodge when road trip'n. eh,... I am to one who would prefer nicer amenities. With that said, I own a restoration shop (mostly odd eurocars) in a really cool 105 year old brick building in Tacoma. Maybe in the near future we can have a get together? maybe tie a car or two to the DYNO across the street?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I do like the Ida of decent hotel. I'm also thinking it would be awsome to have our own auto X course. That would take some looking into to secure a spot for that and a half million cones.

1 - 20 of 973 Posts
About this Discussion
972 Replies
129 Participants
TheSlacker
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing