Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wondering if you can help me with this?

24Oct2015;
Order was placed through Wilson Ford in Logan Utah.
*Order:555-P3T
*Dealer #: F56640
(*this could be wrong I might need to verify this information)

02Nov2015;
Dealership said Ford accepted the order and it is in their system.

From this time until just recently the dealership had been saying "The order is accepted and is part of the first wave of builds but no ETA"

Latest update
08Jan2016;
The dealership said this.
"So I spoke to my rep today and she says that your order is not guaranteed to fill in the first build. They are doing a lottery pick to decide who gets first build vehicles. I am sorry but she told me to tell you to call around to other dealers to see if any of them have a guaranteed first build. This doesn't mean that we won't be able to fill it but by the time I find out yes or no it might be too late for you to find another one. She said she will do everything in her power to get us one but there is no guarantee until the second build."

WTF does this mean.

Thanks for the help guys, all I want is my car to get here :(

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
yes, that the jist of it, unfortunately nobody knows who is first batch yet, not until build dates are set. the only guarentees are the dealers that have allocations, and there is absolutely 0 way to prove they have or not have an allocation

its the Ford Lottery, Dumbest dam way to sell cars

24Oct2015;

02Nov2015;

From this time until just recently the dealership had been saying "The order is accepted and is part of the first wave of builds but no ETA"

Latest update
08Jan2016;
"So I spoke to my rep today and she says that your order is not guaranteed to fill in the first build. They are doing a lottery pick to decide who gets first build vehicles. I am sorry but she told me to tell you to call around to other dealers to see if any of them have a guaranteed first build. This doesn't mean that we won't be able to fill it but by the time I find out yes or no it might be too late for you to find another one. She said she will do everything in her power to get us one but there is no guarantee until the second build."

WTF does this mean.

·
Registered
262 Posts

WTF does this mean.
Here's what I interpret it as: Your dealer took more reservations for the RS than they had allocations, so to be 'fair' they're going to distribute their allocations randomly amongst the buyers and those will be their allocated builds; the others will be placed as retail orders.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Your order number doesn't seem right to me. Normally it's only 3 numbers followed by a digit. Mines C444 and I've been selected for scheduling.

I'd find out your order number for realsies and see what mboles andddd blanking on second gentles mans name at this second. He can track it and see if it's been accepted by ford or better.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The OP's order number doesn't look right, but Order numbers are usually 4 alphanumeric characters and doesn't have to have a letter -- its up to the dealer to make too.

To the OP...Its also hard to tell exactly what's up because there is no official word from Ford. That said, some people that supposedly have an allocation haven't been selected for scheduling yet, so they could be telling the truth. It does look like production of allocations is a lottery and there really is no telling when it will be built.

I have a question of my own now... What does first build even mean? First production week? First production month? Quarter? Model year 2016? That term gets tossed around a lot but I'm clueless as to what it is.

·
Registered
561 Posts
First wave of productions basically, people have a build week 1 will receive their cars a few months ahead of build week twos. To my understanding.

·
Registered
320 Posts
First wave of productions basically, people have a build week 1 will receive their cars a few months ahead of build week twos. To my understanding.
So just that feb1 build week then? I don't see why the OP would have any worries then since the majority of the world with an allocation won't be part of "first build" if it encompasses just that week.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I can't really say, I don't see where he said a February build week in his posts. All I know is when mine was selected for scheduling it was expecting a build date of 4Jan so... I'll be one of the firsts... ^^

·
Registered
320 Posts
I can't really say, I don't see where he said a February build week in his posts. All I know is when mine was selected for scheduling it was expecting a build date of 4Jan so... I'll be one of the firsts... ^^
Oh sorry. I was making reference to that other thread with the pics of the scheduling system that stated a build week for feb wondering if only that week was "first build"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They said I would be expecting somtime in March. No idea if that is a true statement at this point. I'll try and verify my order number on Monday.
Why does it seem overly complicated?

·
Registered
320 Posts
They said I would be expecting somtime in March. No idea if that is a true statement at this point. I'll try and verify my order number on Monday.
Simply put, no one knows.
And it seems complicated because it is... When there is no official word from Ford mixed with the nature of the Internet. It's just a game of waiting as patiently as possible.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I sure hope ford fills the order first come first served. Seems to be the only way for it to be fair. The people that ordered within hours or the banks being open have been waiting the longest. Maybe my build # will be lower than my member # on this forum

·
Super Moderator
15,629 Posts
For some reason after seeing the thread name this morning, I want to say no one won last night's Powerball drawing.

Sorry, a little OT but I had to!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I sure hope ford fills the order first come first served. Seems to be the only way for it to be fair. The people that ordered within hours or the banks being open have been waiting the longest. Maybe my build # will be lower than my member # on this forum
this sorta bugs me too. My order was in by 10-11am EST on the 12th. My friend who lives in hawaii couldn't possibly placed his order before mine and yet he was scheduled, I am not. First come first served is clearly not a factor. that said, I dont necessarily want a build week 1 car. I think the reasoning there is obvious, but I would love to know my car is scheduled.

·
Registered
864 Posts

24Oct2015;

02Nov2015;

Latest update
08Jan2016;

WTF does this mean.

Your dealer code is correct, but that is not your order code. P3T is the body code for the Focus RS. I don't know what the 555 is. For that dealer, all order codes start with 12, ex. 12xx. Is there something like that on your paperwork? Regardless, I interpret your dealer's message to mean they do not have any allocations. Their past Focus ST sales support that theory. I would take their advice and go to another dealer.

Kudos to them for being honest about it.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
this sorta bugs me too. My order was in by 10-11am EST on the 12th. My friend who lives in hawaii couldn't possibly placed his order before mine and yet he was scheduled, I am not. First come first served is clearly not a factor. that said, I dont necessarily want a build week 1 car. I think the reasoning there is obvious, but I would love to know my car is scheduled.
I was told that no cars were ordered on the the 12th. The order bank was supposed to come online @ midnight but it crashed and my order was put in on the 13th. Maybe you dont have allocation?

·
Registered
45 Posts
It sounds like @kbrd is right, your dealer took to many orders than they have allocations. From other threads I have read, ford is verifying the info of buyers to make sure dealers are NOT putting stock orders in.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I was told that no cars were ordered on the the 12th. The order bank was supposed to come online @ midnight but it crashed and my order was put in on the 13th. Maybe you dont have allocation?
all signs point to me having an allocation. I know the system crashed early on the 12th, but the order was placed that day into whatever system, I dont know. tbh, I dont know a thing at this point besides this is one of the worst buying experiences I have ever had in my life and its only been a 3 month wait so far.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
all signs point to me having an allocation. I know the system crashed early on the 12th, but the order was placed that day into whatever system, I dont know. tbh, I dont know a thing at this point besides this is one of the worst buying experiences I have ever had in my life and its only been a 3 month wait so far.
I have a signed buyers agreement, deposit made, order scheduled and im still affraid its gonna fall through, so its not like I'm in any better of a position

1 - 20 of 26 Posts