Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today i called Metro ford dealer here in OKC.

Spoke with the sales manager about the RS he didn't have much information to give me right off the bat, however he said the car will be available spring of 2016, He told he is going to dig around more and get back with me.

Hour goes by, i get a call back, he confirmed and said that i can order by mid July of this year, usually you have to pay $500 + deposit but in my case i told him ill be paying cash when it comes out, he said no deposit needed he gather all my info and told me he will call me back in July to place an order,first in line.

Now,i was a bit shocked by this i didn't know what to think, maybe he just BSing around trying to get some money, but by not ask for any type of deposit or money i have to believe this might be good news, why else would he waste his precious money time?

I did asked him about 5 time and made sure this is the Focus RS we are speaking about.

Ill update in July.

If anybody else got something similar, chime in.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
BS. I have a cousin that owns a dealership on speed dial. Not a word as of yet.
I agree, I have a major dealership nearby that handles quite a bit of performance Fords and they're not accepting deposits and no mention of early ordering. Seems like nothing but hype to me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ive been to a couple ford dealerships inquiring about the RS and they are seriously so out of the loop. They seem baffled as to what the RS is. Many MANY salesman arent enthusiasts of the brand they sell, and dont do any kind of research. They just know what the fusion and F150 is, other than that I have to explain to them what car theyre about to sell.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Ive been to a couple ford dealerships inquiring about the RS and they are seriously so out of the loop. They seem baffled as to what the RS is. Many MANY salesman arent enthusiasts of the brand they sell, and dont do any kind of research. They just know what the fusion and F150 is, other than that I have to explain to them what car theyre about to sell.
When I bought my ST 2 years ago I told them I would be back for the RS, no one knew what I was talking about and had to explain the model line up to them. I think they thought I was crazy lol. This was of course when the RS was still a dream.

It is true about salesman though an I will go further and say most employees. Working at a dealer with 115 employees only about 7 are true car people, including Techs, and even less are into drivers cars. Honestly I think I may be the only one :(

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
My co-worker's order for his Shelby opened in Oct, so I'll leaning to Oct myself. I already have the deposit, just waiting for them to take it. Still hoping for RS + NB + wheels and cup2s for less than $40k.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yeah, Ford referred to delivery of the first STs as "late summer" which turned out to be October in my case and I was one of the first orders. But Q3 is the time frame so October ish

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Yeah, Ford referred to delivery of the first STs as "late summer" which turned out to be October in my case and I was one of the first orders. But Q3 is the time frame so October ish
That's strange since I ordered my FoST from the factory early September 2012 and took delivery 2 weeks later before the end of the month. I don't even plan on one before May 2016 but then again we'll see. I hope to hear something from my dealership contact to let me know more before then.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts