Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a direct line to Ford and will pose any questions future owners might have about the ordering process.

If you have questions post them up.

I've got to submit them by the end of the day so don't delay.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've got a direct line to Ford and will pose any questions future owners might have about the ordering process.

If you have questions post them up.

I've got to submit them by the end of the day so don't delay.
My dealer is being coy about their allocation for some reason. My sales manager says he has to go through the person who orders vehicles for the dealership group and would get back to me. I've tried asking to speak directly to the inventory manager but he apparently doesn't have a customer line. I've gotten my VOC and my order is currently processing, just want to know if there's any way of telling dealer allocation through Ford Corp if I have the dealer #.

·
Registered
188 Posts
He11, just give us the spreadsheet of all the dealers who got allocations, and how many allocations they got. Why would it be such a secret?

Also, if we can clarify if a retail order was placed on 10/12 with a dealer who did not have allocation, a DORA is in hand, what is the projected production, 1st run or 2nd run?

·
Registered
285 Posts
If Ford will not verify dealer allocation (Nick said he was unable to do so), what happens if a dealer misleads a customer saying they have allocation when they really do not? Other than losing a customer, what risk do they have? What recourse do we have as consumers if this happens to us?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
And deposit that's gone.
That'd suck. I specified on my deposit/order "Allocated car / Spring 2016 delivery" and they accepted that. I REALLY wish there was a way to confirm the allocations, because it'd be way to easy to get tricked on this deal. And just think of all the poor fockers that don't know about the forum and are just taking a random dealers word for it when they put a deposit down. Not a good situation.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
That'd suck. I specified on my deposit/order "Allocated car / Spring 2016 delivery" and they accepted that. I REALLY wish there was a way to confirm the allocations, because it'd be way to easy to get tricked on this deal. And just think of all the poor fockers that don't know about the forum and are just taking a random dealers word for it when they put a deposit down. Not a good situation.
Yeah I totally agree. I double and triple checked to make sure the my dealer was at least on the Top 150 Ford dealers list. I think that was a good tell tell sign that they would get allocations.

·
Registered
520 Posts
As I said on another post, the RS is the ONLY car I'm interested in from Ford. I need something with AWD that's on the sporty side (ideally with a stick shift) so that pretty much leaves the FoRS, WRX, STI, or Golf R (which I think is a bit overpriced for what you get/VW reliability). But long story short, Ford will lose me (and I'm sure many others) as a customer if they do drop the ball and my car never gets built. I'll probably head right over to the Subaru dealer if I get news down the road that my RS won't be built.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Cruel game dealers are playing now. Leaving a lot of the people in the dark. And this process is not even a month gone by yet. As I stated before a lot of people will need deep therapy after this. And I thought going thru the process of buying a new house a few years ago was bad.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the contributions. I compiled a list of questions and am sending it off to FoMoCo shortly and will report out ASAP.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cruel game dealers are playing now. Leaving a lot of the people in the dark. And this process is not even a month gone by yet. As I stated before a lot of people will need deep therapy after this. And I thought going thru the process of buying a new house a few years ago was bad.
Exactly, buying a house and refinancing was less stressful. I'm in the same situation as a few people. Put down a deposit on 10/13/15. Not a peep from the dealer other than an email saying "...RS is not able to be ordered yet. ". And that they order/check once a week....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Exactly, buying a house and refinancing was less stressful. I'm in the same situation as a few people. Put down a deposit on 10/13/15. Not a peep from the dealer other than an email saying "...RS is not able to be ordered yet. ". And that they order/check once a week....
If you want the car take the advice from Nick (fordservice). Don't wait, find a new dealer. sounds like your dealer didn't have allocations. heck even if they didn't have allocations from what I now understand, they can still enter an order into the system, get a VOC, get a DORA and still not have the car pulled for a build date. make sure your dealer has guaranteed (from a regional sales manager) allocations, if not, move on. my bull**** meter is going off the chart, I think they are definitely effing with you

what I am not looking forward to is when someone gets a voc, gets a dora, and doesnt get the order pulled due to no allocation. and dear god please dont let it me be.:(
sadly this will happen to someone...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Thanks for the contributions. I compiled a list of questions and am sending it off to FoMoCo shortly and will report out ASAP.
You ever hear back?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
17 Participants
Guaji
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing