Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question for those of you who are in the know!

I just want to double check to make sure that my dealer is doing right by me and giving me the correct paperwork. Does anyone know if there is a difference between an Order Summary and a DORA? The order code on the printout that I have matches the information @mboles2 had in the"Order Status" thread. However, I worry that if I do not have the right paperwork, that I might somehow get screwed out of a true allocation by the dealership.

If someone could post what the build sheet is supposed to look like (if it hasn't been already), so I can compare it to the paperwork that I have, it would be greatly helpful.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey guys, quick question for those of you who are in the know!

I just want to double check to make sure that my dealer is doing right by me and giving me the correct paperwork. Does anyone know if there is a difference between an Order Summary and a DORA? The order code on the printout that I have matches the information @mboles2 had in the"Order Status" thread. However, I worry that if I do not have the right paperwork, that I might somehow get screwed out of a true allocation by the dealership.

If someone could post what the build sheet is supposed to look like (if it hasn't been already), so I can compare it to the paperwork that I have, it would be greatly helpful.

Thanks all!
Neither the VOC or DORA are confirmation of an allocation. The VOC or order summary is just what was submitted to the ordering system. The DORA is the system's acknowledgement that the order was picked up by the system. No matter what you have, you won't know if you truly have an allocation until it gets selected for scheduling. That being said, even if you do have a true allocation, doesn't mean you'll be selected for scheduling the same time as others. You just have to trust your dealer with the allocations... But having the right paperwork is better than having none.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Ok so question. If I got to my dealer and request the VOC and DORA, that confirms they put an "order" in the system, however there is no grantee it will be built until Ford select it for scheduling. In other words, a VOC and DORA are the most the dealer can provide me to show they have done everything to get the car in the system. Correct?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ok so question. If I got to my dealer and request the VOC and DORA, that confirms they put an "order" in the system, however there is no grantee it will be built until Ford select it for scheduling. In other words, a VOC and DORA are the most the dealer can provide me to show they have done everything to get the car in the system. Correct?
Correct. You can try and ask the sales manager, general manager, or someone in a high position at the dealership to put something in writing if you want. But again, that's all about trust. As far as getting something out of the order system to truly confirm allocation or guarantee a build... That doesn't exist.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I actually don't have either of those things. When I left the dealership the only thing I had was an order number. I asked a month or two later about additional paperwork displaying my order information but they told me that there wasn't anything else that they could give me. The only reason that I'm not pursuing it is because my order number is selected for scheduling, which seems to be the only indicator at this point that your order has an allocation/will be built.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I actually don't have either of those things. When I left the dealership the only thing I had was an order number. I asked a month or two later about additional paperwork displaying my order information but they told me that there wasn't anything else that they could give me. The only reason that I'm not pursuing it is because my order number is selected for scheduling, which seems to be the only indicator at this point that your order has an allocation/will be built.
Clearly there is paperwork they could've given you, but now that you're selected that's not a problem. Lucky!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Until you have a VIN and deposit written down you have nothing in a court of law.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
Identical experience to this. Gave me order number, and priority number. Mines been selected for scheduling and in priority 10 at my dealer. That's more than I need. ^^

·
Registered
861 Posts
Over in the UK I have not heard of DORA we use VISTA for the ordering system???
Do you have access to VISTA? Are you a dealer or Ford employee?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
What if you have a deposit, but not a VIN? How safe is your position?
Not to freak anyone out but it is a trust thing with the dealer. If the get an ordered car in and someone will pay adm and have not given you the vin then the car that came in was not your order.
Clearly there is paperwork they could've given you, but now that you're selected that's not a problem. Lucky!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Identical experience to this. Gave me order number, and priority number. Mines been selected for scheduling and in priority 10 at my dealer. That's more than I need. ^^
Awesome experience! But I still think its better to have paperwork to back things up in case things go totally wrong. At the very least a VOC has an order number and your name. In your situation getting selected makes it a bit better :)

Not to freak anyone out but it is a trust thing with the dealer. If the get an ordered car in and someone will pay adm and have not given you the vin then the car that came in was not your order.
Well yeah, which is why its still better to get some kind of paperwork. With a copy of the order, your name and order number is on it. That plus tracking the status of your order like we're doing on this forum, it will be harder to have things switched around on you. Imagine having nothing and something like that happens... You really won't have any ground to stand on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not freaking out (YET OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!), I just don't trust dealerships, especially because the first dealership I went to gave me a VOC and wasn't able to fulfill my order. Based on the hoops the dealership I currently have an order at put me through, I feel more confident that they will actually deliver me the car, but I still want to protect myself as a consumer and make sure that the dealership is doing the right things.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm not freaking out (YET OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!), I just don't trust dealerships, especially because the first dealership I went to gave me a VOC and wasn't able to fulfill my order. Based on the hoops the dealership I currently have an order at put me through, I feel more confident that they will actually deliver me the car, but I still want to protect myself as a consumer and make sure that the dealership is doing the right things.
I had VOC and DORA for my first order. Doesn't mean sh**t if your sales person lied about your position on the allocation list if they even have one!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yup. I mentioned that earlier... The allocation thing is all about trust. The VOC/DORA thing was just for confirmation there is an order tied to your name in the system. Nothing more. It's just the only physical proof of an order to get out of a dealer so it's worth getting.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
The 14th is when more orders should be getting selected for scheduling, that's when I'm gonna start to worry about my dealer BSing me about an allocated unit. (If my status doesn't change).

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I hate Rumors, but while browsing the interweb I have noticed a few posts state that people have conformation from there general managers that orders are in the Building Stage. I wonder if the software used by Europe (VISTA) is updating differently than the system we use in America? Strange but certainly possible. I wonder if The orders from North America are placed using our system then when received in Europe the Assembly Plant uses there Vista system for the rest of the build period. Maybe that's why were seeing so few updates lately? This is just my guess, who knows...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts