Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 181 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,469 Posts
Ask for the contact info for their regional rep. This is where the dealer would be getting their info from. I'm in contact with my regional rep, and she said the 12th is still a go.
I was curious since there hasn't been a reply to the earlier post and now there's a thread here saying that people have already ordered????

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I was curious since there hasn't been a reply to the earlier post and now there's a thread here saying that people have already ordered????
st2focus

Sorry, I put the poll together and clearly stated up front that "ordered" meant you had put down a deposit with the Ford dealer or had otherwise made a commitment to buy. Yes, the actual order banks do not open until October 12, 2015. There have been some rumors of the date changing but IMHO they are just rumors and Ford will officially open the order banks next Monday, October 12, 2015.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
15,469 Posts
st2focus

Sorry, I put the poll together and clearly stated up front that "ordered" meant you had put down a deposit with the Ford dealer or had otherwise made a commitment to buy. Yes, the actual order banks do not open until October 12, 2015. There have been some rumors of the date changing but IMHO they are just rumors and Ford will officially open the order banks next Monday, October 12, 2015.

YMMV,

MidCow3
No worries, I'm still confused since one of my dealers hasn't taken any money, my intent is to get a FoRS, then the rumor of the postponed order bank, and finally the fear of missing out on this awesome platform since another rumor mentions limited production. (takes another sip of Guinness draught)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I don't think that is true either, but what they may mean (which is what I do with my dealer) is that these people are in close contact with these dealers. I have a long standing relationship with mine, so this is how I usually order cars from them:

Order guides are currently available, so we already know about options. I usually stop in a week before the banks open, give my dealer a check for $2k, and give him a copy of the order guide with my options circled. Everytime, I have been more informed on dates, price, options, etc than he is. After I'm certain he is good with all of it, I arrange to have him put the order in the morning the order banks open. Before he clicks "build", he calls me with a price, and if that matches my pre-estimated price, I give him the ok. Usually that day, he'll recieve a confirmation of the order from Ford, and he'll just e-mail the confirmation. The info has more to do with tracking than anything.

Here is an example of the confirmation I got when I pre-ordered the ST:

FOCUS ST EARLY ORDER ENROLLMENT PROGRAM

Claim Status - APPROVED

Name: ***** ***********

Date: Thursday, May 3, 2012

Welcome to the exhilarating world of Focus ST! Thank you for being one of the very first in the exclusive Focus ST owners' group. Your order has been verified and approved. Below is the tracking information for your claim.

If among the first 1,000 verified orders: Get ready to capture the thrill! Your order qualifies you to receive the GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition camera system after your vehicle is delivered

Tracking Number: 21920
Order Number: 2347
Customer Name: ***** ******

If you have any questions, please contact Program Headquarters at 800-404-4977 or via email at [email protected]. For Focus ST product related questions, please call the Ford Performance Tech Line at 800-367-3788 (800-Ford-788).

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's cool about the Go Pro camera, is there going to be anything like that for the RS does anyone know?
Not that I know of. Still got that thing somewhere, that was like 3 GoPros ago for me.

I'm really hoping they do something similar to the STOA, I had a blast when I went out West for that. Learned a ton about handling the ST too, since I was new to a performance FWD. For those that are not ST converts, and don't know what STOA is, you can check it out here: Fiesta ST And Focus ST Buyers Get Complimentary Performance Driving Course

·
Registered
46 Posts
This was email was sent by my local Ford dealer.

RS OCT12.jpg

Just got the following email from my salesman:

Hello Brad,*
Ford has postponed the opening of the order bank to next month. I will update as information becomes available. Kevin

Does anyone know if this info is valid??

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got a text from my dealer this AM saying the order bank has been delayed to next month as well. Same dealer as the OP though

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Order bank is still not opened, just checked.....wtf

·
Registered
892 Posts
I just left my dealership too. Couldn't get a VOC yet either. They said it should open today, they just don't know when. Supposed to get my VOC emailed to me as soon as the orders are picked up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordering Bank?

Where is everyone getting there valid info from? I've called and been to several ford dealers and I get different answers from all about being able to order or put a deposit down for the RS. The only valid answer I end up with is they don't know when!! I was lucky enough to know the GM at one of the bigger ford dealers on the east coast in Northern VA who was nice enough to put me at #1 on there list back in Feb, but I still haven't heard any news on a valid date that anyone will be able to make sure one will be sitting in there driveway when the time comes. I'm just curious because I get nervous when I read this stuff?

Just got the following email from my salesman:

Hello Brad,*
Ford has postponed the opening of the order bank to next month. I will update as information becomes available. Kevin

Does anyone know if this info is valid??

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just came back from my dealership. Order banks say open, but nothing is processing. Sales manager didn't know what to make of it, but said he would try again later

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I still haven't been able to place my order and I was told 2pm today. They did request I give them the final build, so I took screen caps from the Ford configurator.

41 - 60 of 181 Posts