Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the following email from my salesman:

Hello Brad,*
Ford has postponed the opening of the order bank to next month. I will update as information becomes available. Kevin

Does anyone know if this info is valid??

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,440 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,440 Posts
A delay in the order bank is not going to look good for Ford.

Another issue that bothers me currently is the mention of only 2000 units making it to the US.

Well, it was Motoringcrunch that mentioned it.............

·
Registered
187 Posts
A delay in the order bank is not going to look good for Ford.

Another issue that bothers me currently is the mention of only 2000 units making it to the US.

Well, it was Motoringcrunch that mentioned it.............
I've read an article from them that stated the RS may not be coming to the US after it was announced it was going to be. I'd avoid that site tbh.

·
Super Moderator
15,440 Posts
I've read an article from them that stated the RS may not be coming to the US after it was announced it was going to be. I'd avoid that site tbh.
I do the same, that's why I threw out the mention of the blog. Every now and then someone like them reports some real news but the other 85% of the time it's junk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The dealer I am currently working with has also said that they are looking at orders around November. They also seem to not have much information, period, because just two days ago they found out they'll be allocated 1. They have no word on pricing or anything else.

I feel like if I walked in with that order form that is floating around here they'll probably think I made it up. I'm holding out for a phone call this week telling me to come in Monday to order but it has not happened yet. Not saying that Ford has postponed it just stating my experience so far.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
@jonb347
pickup the red phone

@Focus112
sound the alarm!

I still think its total BS, at least for allocation orders.
maybe non allocations cant be placed the 12th? nothing but guessing at this point
Working on it now...

·
Registered
434 Posts
So my dealer said they can not give me a price until the the 12
While other dealers are willing to take a deposit at give MSRP
Just guessing but sounds like my dealer does not have any allocations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
@jonb347
pickup the red phone

@Focus112
sound the alarm!

I still think its total BS, at least for allocation orders.
maybe non allocations cant be placed the 12th? nothing but guessing at this point
Our dealership hasn't heard anything about this....yet

·
Registered
267 Posts
1 - 20 of 181 Posts