Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
RS Crazy is on the right path, but don't bother with the wax. Use Optimum's OptiSeal. This will provide you with much better protection. Wax is really only beneficial for a show vehicle that doubles as a garage queen.

As to the OP, I expect every last RS to come with Orange Peel. It's a direct result of vehicle manufactures being more eco friendly. Even with the limited numbers, dont expect ford to color sand the paint. Even your elitist vehicles will come with orange peel.

I always love a Seinfeld punch line. " Gold Jerry! Gold!"
Truth in paint, when the TRI-coat came out it proved to be a real nightmare to color match when damaged. A quad coat I am certain will be worst. So chip repairs and scratches will be none to fun to fix. The more paint that is on a car the less durable the paint is. So I will be shooting Dupont IMRON clear over the clear that is on the car now. IMRON is a industrial paint. But it is used by Kenworth, Boeing and other companies on there vehicles. It is really tuff stuff. It is far from environmentally friendly (hard to get) but outstandingly strong. I use it on race cars to really protect the finish. As for the shrinkage question..... I don't know? I do know that cars on the cars tours are NEVER "straight from the factory" when on display. The finish is glammed up to seduce you.
...meaning you will wet sand then IMRON or cut & polish (assuming sufficient clear thickness will be not bad?

As discussed in Detailing 101 (?) after some polish most modern paints look flatter. Had my white VW repaired a bit back and the new paint, as you described, 'collapsed' over the first few days. Repairer rebuffed it without complaint to match the rest of the car which I've worked over. But it's a solid colour and simple by comparison.

What compounds & how much can you work the clear before rubbing through?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.